• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Potential shipping problem

chicklin

Are any of you familiar with Lance Evans of Mooresville, IN? He won my shipment on uship.com and was supposed to pick the truck up today at Drexel Gardens, IN. He was supposed to call when he left the lot to let me know if he would arrive today or tomorrow. I have not heard from him all day. I have called him several times and left messages with no response and no truck.

Unfortunately, I did not get suspicious until after the GL lot was closed, so I will call first thing in the morning to see if he actually picked up the truck. If he did, he should be on video tape.

If anybody knows anything about this guy, please let me know. Hopefully, I'm just overreacting and the truck will show up in the morning, but I don't think it's normal to have ZERO communication with the shipper on the day of the pickup.

dm22630

RE: Potential shipping theft, please help....

If you contracted them through U-ship.....did you hire someone with a positive feedback rating?

Maybe the cell coverage isnt good on the route that they took. I wouldnt worry about it too much.....it was just today that they picked it up.

BTW - If you are bugging him (or he thinks you are).....he may just ignore you until he arrives & will say he never saw you called.

2cents

M1075

RE: Potential shipping theft, please help....

I don't think the circumstances above warrant you accusing this guy of theft. Check with GL and the driver in the morning then report back.

chicklin

Re: RE: Potential shipping theft, please help....

dm22630 said:
If you contracted them through U-ship.....did you hire someone with a positive feedback rating?

Maybe the cell coverage isnt good on the route that they took. I wouldnt worry about it too much.....it was just today that they picked it up.

BTW - If you are bugging him (or he thinks you are).....he may just ignore you until he arrives & will say he never saw you called.

2cents
Stupid me, I took a chance on this guy b/c I got kind of jerked around by someone else. He bid a good price, said he lived close to the lot (which, according to his website, he does) and could guarantee the pickup date. Unfortunately, he was a new member to uship.com and didn't have any feedback, good or bad.

He emailed last night saying that he was picking the truck up in the morning and would call when he left the lot to let me know when he would be here. No call, no truck. We'll see what the lot says in the morning.

chicklin

Re: RE: Potential shipping theft, please help....

M1075 said:
I don't think the circumstances above warrant you accusing this guy of theft. Check with GL and the driver in the morning then report back.
He's got a couple of websites that look exactly the same with little information, one for "logistics" one for a mowing service. I found two different numbers for him that go to the same voicemail box. The guy's 24 and has a rather shady looking MySpace page with guys posting comments like "when are you going to get me a car? haha!".

I'm probably worrying too much, but a lot of things don't look quite right. I'll call the lot in the morning, of course, but I just have a bad feeling.

chicklin

RE: Re: RE: Potential shipping theft, please help....

Well, he never showed up. So, now my truck is sitting there for at least another week (having God knows what stolen off of it) and I have to fight with Uship to get my deposit back. Why can't people just do what they say they're going to do?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Apparently he doesn't have a phone, his mother won't let him use her's, or doesn't know how to use one. Don't forget to give uship.com your feedback on his "stellar" service.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

Hope, U-ship will give you you're, Change, back!!

Did you tell GL not to accept the paperwork if he does show up to get the truck?

chicklin

Re: RE: Re: RE: Potential shipping theft, please help....

FMJ said:
Hope, U-ship will give you you're, Change, back!!

Did you tell GL not to accept the paperwork if he does show up to get the truck?
Yep, I told them not to turn it over to anyone until I sent them a new pickup authorization.

chicklin

tlm47201 said:
Chiclin, what type truck was it? I'm south of Drexel about 45 miles, I may be able to help.
Thanks for the offer! It's a deuce, but I ended up finding another shipping company that appears to be more reputable. If all goes well, I should be getting the truck this Thursday.

chicklin

ssgtwright-usmc said:
So, did your vehicle ever get shipped and delivered? And if so, what shipping company did you use.
Yes, it did. I ended up using Jeremiah at Kodiak Transport (KodiakTransport on uShip.com). Although the load was heavier than I would've been comfortable with (and you can hear all about that here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=26616), he did a great job. On time, kept in great communication, loaded and unloaded. Couldn't have been happier and now the beast is home and I haven't stopped smiling since :)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks