• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

potentially in need of help with an M1070 or comparable.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Okay, now I'm curious (read "nosy").

Can you share any details?

I realize that curiosity caused the untimely demise of the feline mammal but now you got me wondering since you are close.

Not too much a bunch of rednecks can't do when we put our minds to it.

The closest HETT I know of is Ron's BART (modified 1070) in Gainsville, GA. That's prob a four or five hour drive in the HETT.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Bart is in Fort Myers but I have THREE that I will start unpacking tomorrow.

Sikorsky502

Thanks for the replies and interest. Only thing I can say at the moment is that I'm trying to work a deal to save a heavy vehicle that's stuck in a bunch of bramble and the heavy winches on the m1070 would really come in handy to help pull it out. The location is in the northeast, not Alabama. Would be an interesting and fun job if it all works out. Of course I would pay any expenses for the help. I'll be able to give more details if everything comes to fruition.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the replies and interest. Only thing I can say at the moment is that I'm trying to work a deal to save a heavy vehicle that's stuck in a bunch of bramble and the heavy winches on the m1070 would really come in handy to help pull it out. The location is in the northeast, not Alabama. Would be an interesting and fun job if it all works out. Of course I would pay any expenses for the help. I'll be able to give more details if everything comes to fruition.
If it is just a big winch you are after, why not expand your search to guys with wreckers? The 45,000 pound drag winch on the back of the wreckers is made for this type of recovery. Of course, it helps to have two winches to "steer" the recovered vehicle, but there probably are more wrecker owners who live closer to you. Just a thought.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How far from hard ground is it stuck ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks