• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power bleed brakes/STILL WONT WORK

Lindsaym151

Some one please help , working on this for twodays now!
I have powerbleed my system 3 times now in two daysand i still have no pedal! What am i doing wrong. :jumpin:

goldneagle

They are going to tell you to download the TM's and read them. There are instructions on how to bleed the system in the TM's.

caliber1

I just got this vehicle ,Im a 1/4 ton guy.How do i bleed the airpack? and no i haventreplaced the master yet.
The air pack is right under the master cylinder. This should be bled first, then the wheel cylinders, starting with the furthest from the master to the closest. As I am sure you will hear, this is all covered in the TMs.

caliber1

Hey calibur i had Pinz over this morning ,he lent me his power bleeder.I like your truck in tan maybe i.ll do mine that way!
I have the recipe for the Behr from Home Depot at the house. Gonna do a master cylinder swap tomorrow and hope that fixes my brake problem. What color is yours now?

Lindsaym151

Its OLD 3 color camo , I am a professinal painter ,Ill knock it out in an hr next week!
To hot out here to keep messing with it today tomorrow morning before it gets to hoti'll attack it again!

crazywelder72

Some one please help , working on this for twodays now!
I have powerbleed my system 3 times now in two daysand i still have no pedal! What am i doing wrong. :jumpin:
This just happened to me after replacing my airpack a few days ago. First make sure you do the bleeder on the airpack. just follow the line from the master cylinder to the airpack and the bleeder is just above it and about 2 inches forward.

Separate of that, the only way I was able to get pedal after bleeding everything and the pressure bleeder was pumped up was i had to pump the pedal just 3-4 times and everything was fine.

I know your not supposed to work the pedal with a pressure bleeder hooked up but when all else fails i figured i would give it a shot.

Lindsaym151

Ok a couple hours later, I went back out and bleed the airpack then all the other bleeders as told and still little to No brakes!
PS couldn't even find the brakes section in the TM:neutral::???:

Lindsaym151

crazy welder im from Spfld Ma originaly Get out while you still can!
Ill try your trick after dinner!
Did you have any bleeders open when you did that?:mad:

P S You cant shovel heat!

caliber1

This just happened to me after replacing my airpack a few days ago. First make sure you do the bleeder on the airpack. just follow the line from the master cylinder to the airpack and the bleeder is just above it and about 2 inches forward.

Separate of that, the only way I was able to get pedal after bleeding everything and the pressure bleeder was pumped up was i had to pump the pedal just 3-4 times and everything was fine.

I know your not supposed to work the pedal with a pressure bleeder hooked up but when all else fails i figured i would give it a shot.
Last week was the first and only time I have heard about not touching the pedal while the bleeder is hooked up. What was the reason given? I plan to bench bleed my master cylinder before I install it tomorrow, hoping that will help my problem.

Lindsaym151nopics

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You can bleed all you want, if the brakes are NOT adjusted first you will get a bad pedal, adjust, then bleed the m/c, then the airpack, then the farthest w/c and make sure the bleeder does not go dry, when you bleed, get the air out of the M/c first so it is FULL of fluid.

Lindsaym151

How do i navigate the tm on this site? Again this is my 2nd day with this truck .They dont get any greener than me right now. Frustration is setting in!Begining to wish i stayed with the 1/4 ton crowd!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter