• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power distro box in bed of cucv

Whiterabbit

My friend gave me what he called a power distro box for the back of cucv for radios. I was planning to strip it out for the copper but wanted to know if they are a dime a dozen or worth anything? Too dark out to get a pic.
Thanks.

steelandcanvas

If it's what I think it is, there is just one little strip of copper, not worth very much. Offer it up for sale, or free to a good home in the Classifieds. Someone may be looking for that item to help them complete a restoral on a CUCV.

Pakfront

Hey,
I was wondering if you could take a pic of it and post it. If its what I'm thinking of I might be interested in it. Thanks!

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that a 24VDC power distribution box (junction box)? If so, it just what I've been looking for to complete a radio set up in my truck.

Are you selling / trading it? Please PM if it is available.

Thanks,

Storm 51

Wile E. Coyote

That's the box that's usually bolted to the bottom of the M1008 rear-bed radio rack for power. Guesses are there's some cable that's supposed to go from there to the bulkhead 24V plug in the bed, but I've never seen one on the loose.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M-37 / M-42 is all stock, so the axles are 5.83 I believe.

BTW, could I also get a copy of that distribution box manual section?

Thanks,

Storm 51