• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power divider driveshaft boot replacement

comike27

On my m816 wrecker one of the boots on the power divider driveshaft is destroyed , I ordered a new boot and seal from Oshkosh they only had one boot . What is the method for taking out the driveshaft to replace the boot . It looks like the gear box has to b taken out in order to slip out the driveshaft , some insight would b appreciated.thanks

comike27

I changed the boot today , I took the three linkages off the power divider then took the cover plate off in the tool box and hooked a strap to the eyelet on the power divider then unbolted the divider and it dropped down enough to get the driveshaft out and change the boot . I didn’t remove the jack shaft from the transfer case or the rear winch driveshaft there was enough movement without taking them off. I only could find one boot and that’s what was missing on my divider . This is the one piece shaft . Hope this info helps someone .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks