• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power loss on hills I am stumped

SlimtheLineman

85 chevy millitary truck 6.2L turbo 400 When I climb hills at about 45 the truck starts to stumble like its loosing fuel. It starts to rev down and up. Does anyone have any ideas? Also it has a rebuilt ip and new pump about 2k ago. New fuel filter and tranny filter today.

tatra813

Majority of diesel engine problems are fuel related, you probably have a air leak in you fuel line, it wont leak fuel out but it will suck air in. Other than the fuel filter etc I would start there.

BeastDriver

I had the same power lose, took an Injector Pump

I just had this same type of power loss. M1009 could bot hardly pull it's self up a hill. Then it got worse, Engin ran fine but did not have the power to drive out of a parking spot. After testing all the fuel related areas, I replace filter and fuel pump. No change. I then did the big one, replaced the Injector Pump, runs better and has more power then the day I got it. This pump must have been going bad for years. I added the post to the old message to simplify it for the next poor sole.

Drive on