• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power loss or gain depending on transmission fluid?

WYomer

Thinner fluid may need a slight up adjustment to match the shifts with thicker fluid. With more pressure it feels like it holds the gear slightly longer then shifts hard to the next gear. Not sure if it's actually quicker but it does give that feel. generally you want more pressure for really heavy hauling.
Thank you that adjustment is on my list actually, I'd like to smooth out a tad more.

Also before I went though I saw lots of references to guys losing trannys at fluid changes but I only saw one person named for one tranny. And lets face it trannys wont last forever stuff wears out and who knows how good a job Red River and such did the rebuilds....if any. I dont think anybody but Allison really knows since they start new, come in for service, get rebuilt, verify failed parts, and go back into the world. Allison put out a fluid chart for our rigs based on temperatures and such so its best to follow that. My 2 cents.

But we all use our rigs differently too. 10WT, Transync, 15-40, and Dextron are all aproved fluids so we make our best decision and take our own risks.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
At one time I had 36 mil reman HT740 transmissions. One Red River rebuilt one had some small shop rag pieces in it that caused shifting issues and was found upon disassembly. These were all supposed to be rebuilt and dyno tested to ensure good working parts were sent out into the field.

WYomer

At one time I had 36 mil reman HT740 transmissions. One Red River rebuilt one had some small shop rag pieces in it that caused shifting issues and was found upon disassembly. These were all supposed to be rebuilt and dyno tested to ensure good working parts were sent out into the field.
That is so darn sad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks