• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power on one leg only

Ifly2

I finally have this 803a up and running. The trouble now is that there is power to L-1 only when set to 120/240 single phase. I need a little help pointing to the test procedure to track down the malfunction. The front panel shows 240v at this setting and 120v when set inside to 120v and single phase.
I built a 10k load bank and would like to use it.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tested voltage at the outputs when you change the phase selector switch?

The phase selector switch would be the first thing to test in my opinion.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Do you have the connection to the lugs correct?
MEP-802/803 single 120/240 connection below
1 phase lug connections.jpg1 phase MEP switch setup.jpg

Ifly2

Yes, I have it hooked up correctly. That was not the issue. There is no power at the L-3 terminal. I guess that I need to switch it it over to 3 phase and see what it reads. This evening I found the test procedure for the ac interrupter and so on. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to it. In the meanwhile, I'm having trouble with my 003a not being able to withstand more than a 7k resistive load without falling on it's face. If it's not one thing it's another............

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks