• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power plant heater

Superdave

Hello to all. I thought I would post some pictures of my M135 in which I just installed the power plant heater kit I purchased from Butch Atkins about a year ago. I just had my cylinder head repaired with new stelite hardened seats as I had 5 out of the 6 exhaust valves pounded into the head.This engine has just over 5000 miles from a total rebuild and I canot figure out how the valves could have hammered into the head that bad with such low milage. Has any one else had this problem with there engine? Any how here are some pictures of the install.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
WOW, do you actually drive that thing!? I would have to keep it under lock and key. VERY NICE! [thumbzup] So it looks like that is a coolant heater? Much different than the one I have.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful! Doesn't look like mine either, what model is it? Have you tested it?
The alcohol vaporizer seems to have some non-original parts , like the glass jar and the copper tubing or is that GI also?

Superdave

This is a coolant heater made by PERFECTION STOVE COMPANY and yes the alcohol evaporator is origional equipment. If all goes well I will be driving this truck to the MVPA convention next month in portland ( 1600 mile road trip).

butch atkins

Power PLant Heater

WOO HOO,way to go superdave,glad this kit went to a good home,awesome looking engine compartment detail,and yes guys,this kit came in all original boxes,with original paperwork and installation directions specifically for install in m135 m211,i offered it up on this site and only superdave expressed any interest in it ,again ,way to go superdave,i hope your truck wins at the mvpa convention,ive seen a few power plant heaters installed on things ,but yours is the most original and complete,including the paperwork,one pic left to post,what does the hood blanket look like,i never opened it to look.lol,congrats for an awesome job

JasonS

Nice truck! The 302 GMC's valves ride directly on the cast iron head; no hardened seats. My 302 in a 1/2 ton pickup had leaking valves after ~25k miles. My understanding is that these engines were expected to have the head off several times in the life of the engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks