• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering bracket broke. M1009

edpdx

I apologize in advance for not having snapped a bunch of pics here.

Saturday morning My p/s pressure hose was leaking at the pump. Lucky for me I was near my brother's house. He brought fluid while I dove under to tighten the seal. At his house I noticed it was still leaking.

Pulled the pump to find the slider slot on the P/S bracket (@2 o'clock position- there's 3 of them on my bracket) had broken in two spots. The mounting stud kept the broken "ear" from getting lost.

Pulled the bracket and welded it up.

Reinstalled everything and managed to break off the last bracket mounting stud.

Next morning I extract the stud, but it's 10mm course. It looks like an exhaust collector stud with a captive nu two thirds from one end. Of course no ONE and I mean no one has this metric nightmare. So I bought a 10mm course stud from the hardware store (not hardened- 60mm length). At the shop, I cut the hex head off and tapered it. Threaded a nut at the appropriate point and welded it on both sides. Finished install. Whew.

I couldn't say my welding suck, but I won't always be near my brother's home, so I'd like a back up bracket. Does anyone know where I can get one?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks