• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering bracket

Hello--went outside this morning to check on my CUCV Blazer, when l noticed one of the fan belts was sagging. Upon closer inspection, l discovered that the bracket that holds the power steering reservoir had broken and it was hanging there, with the fan belt also drooping. Has anyone ever had this happen? Any idea where l could find a replacement bracket? Thanks in advance.
Tom Lovinggood

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom - look in the -34P TM and find the diagram which shows the bracket. Then look on the next page and get the GM part number. I believe it is the second or third number over from the left column. Then go on EBay and search that part number. There are usually a couple on there from time to time. If not call John at Hillbilly Wizard. He always has that stuff.
Hope this helps.

Tom - look in the -34P TM and find the diagram which shows the bracket. Then look on the next page and get the GM part number. I believe it is the second or third number over from the left column. Then go on EBay and search that part number. There are usually a couple on there from time to time. If not call John at Hillbilly Wizard. He always has that stuff.
Hope this helps.
Share--ok,thanks, that is a big help!

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think most folk don’t realize that there are four (4) bolts holding the power steering pump in place. If either of these bolts become broken or loose, additional stress is transferred to the other three. There is one bolt on the bottom rear of the pump which attaches to a bracket on the engine block. This bolt is difficult to see and even more difficult to get to. When you put everything back together, make sure this bolt and bracket are installed and adjusted correctly.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, done at the dealer
Are they like $125 and hour now?
Frank, that’s only slightly more than $2 per minute. What’s wrong with that? Hail, if you’ve got the money and you want to keep your hands clean, it’s the only way to go.

cucvrus

I treat anyone well when they are paying me $125. per hour. I would have the Wife make coffee and serve it. If it were a hot afternoon I would serve ice cold drinks of your choice. I am glad you had the repair done no matter what the price. Fixed is fixed and has no price. Mark it paid and drive on. I replaced an alternator on a semi truckers rig on a Saturday afternoon when it were broke down after getting unloaded here at work. I think I had an hour total on the job and the driver gave me $300 she said it would have cost her $1000.+ or - if she broke down along the road. The job was so easy and being that I ran for the replacement alternator and she got it at cost it all ended well. If I were from North Dakota and broke down in Jonestown PA. I would be happy with a $500. repair to get me going again. Getting things done properly is the most important thing. Cheap unskilled labor is just that. If the power steering pump bracket installed cost $250. that would sure beat sitting along the road. And we all know how hard it is to find a replacement PS bracket for a CUCV. I am hoarding a few and weld and repair everyone I can get my hands on. The sting of a large repair bill quickly fades over the long run. Pay the price up front and drive on. To many half fast repairs are done in an attempt to save $. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks