• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering fluid.

Natron

So, you just want to use ATF because we have ATF? I have olive oil, but I do not want to put it in my motor. But, it is still oil. Why does it sound like you are against putting what the manufacturer specified for it? A previous poster stated he couldn't find Dex 2. Then use Dex 3.

There is no "T" inDEXRON.

Why is there no Dexron 4 or Dexron 5? It goes from 3 to 6.
I'm so happy a snarky reply is given here for ppl looking for help, that's useful ��
Your olive oil comment is completely irrelevant as there's nothing I said that relates to that in the slightest. There's reservoirs for trans, transfer case, power steering, etc so if there WAS a olive oil reservoir then yeah, olive oil goes in there, however, since there's a power steering reservoir and now manufacturers make power steering fluid, which they did not before, and GM has updated their specs since the ancient time of 1996 TM's, so it begs the question if a specific steering fluid would be better vs atf nowadays! If that is a troll attempt on your part then it's weak! My point is in the TM it states Dexron for tranny, transfer case, and power steering, so the fact that atf makes sense to use it where it makes sense to use it (transmission scenarios) but power steering seems to me like a completely different animal component wise. Yes it specs for Dexron 2/3 but is that bc that's all they had? We never had synthetic oil either and now we do and some engines benefit from it vs others, so why not power steering? I've read that techs at AMG and GM recommend the AC Delco power steering fluid over atf bc of its superiority with additives! I have no problem sticking to spec but wondering if there's something better we could all be using instead... My initial confusion came from bad information that Dexron was a standard given for atf AND power steering fluid! I realize now it's only a designation for ATF not PSF.

tage

In all honesty. The question you have asked answered in the first page.

I'll repeat what I said in post 7. If you want to run. Run it. But make sure the system is completely clean, and accept the risk that you might **** up your whole hydraulic steering system.

As for the olive oil reservoir... Just put it directly into the fuel tank. Just think of who invented synthetic oil ��

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Time warp back 30 some years and this is the way it was done. If there is something better... guess one could try it? If it turns to salad dressing then "I'll have mine on the side" Every now and then you will see read the TM's here on SS. This requires reading the LO's. > http://www.ltw.net/hummer/manual2.pdf <

Now looking down the road... Don't get any big ideas with the brakes. For sure mixing this fluid will break your brakes.

All of the boys want silicone in their hmmwv's,

CAM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks