• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering for the Deuce?

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, i have been through about 20 hurricanes right here in 56 years. I hope to get the last piece tomorrow, ford NOS drag link 1975, F700. Oh, and get the hoses made.

sue

Looks good we mounted a TAS 65 gear box inside the frame of our a3
like yours and love it, can turn full left and right

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got this far and hit a brick wall. Unable to prime the system. After much investigating i found that S & S truck parts sold me the wrong rotation pump. Will try again to overnight one in, it will be a nail bitter.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahh... mystery solved, then!:)

If not done yet - and while you wait for parts, take a few minutes to check caster angle. We want +3° at least, better +4°.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, last set of pic's. The pump on the right i bought and was told it was for the 3116 cat - wrong rotation. The one on the left is CCW PN# S-17600. Had to notch the bracket for the fitting on the bottom. The F700 drag link i bought was a little too long and wrong orentation, had to thread it RH and LH 1.00x16. The sleeve is from F700 tie rod. The truck drives like a dream.

Attachments

brianp454

Working with the pitman arm. It is 9 1/8" center to center, so i welded up a boss area to change it to 7 1/2" or maybe 7". These arms are made of premium steel and weld and machine very nicely.
I'm looking for this Pitman Arm and see it is marked CTTA-3500-AE. Sometimes that is a part number or casting number. I've been unable to find that Pitman Arm searching the web. Does anyone have more info on the donor truck year, make and model that pitman arm came on?

Also for Steve, what length did you wind up going with?

Lead Farmer 5.56

Hey, good idea! Specially for extreme uses.
Not sure about the size of an additional ram??? Probably a small one with only 1.25" piston diam. would be sufficient to move even the biggest tires! It would add over 1200 lbs of force at little over 1000psi which is the normal output for the 5ton Multifuel pump.
.... and if you are lucky you find one already with the ports and fittings present. (pic)
Now I know what I can use them for....! :D

As a side note: The cutting (weakening!) of the frame plus reinforcement has to be done anyways to keep enough clearance to the Multifuel's IP. :(

Gerhard

What vehicle were you lucky enough to get that steering box out of, any chance you have a part number for it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks