• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering issue with CUCV converted to 12 volt

biped

A slow speeds like parking lots the steering wheel is difficult to turn and may squeal a bit. This is the 3rd belt of varying sizes. The problem persists. Somewhere in my memory I recall a post where it was recommended to install the 2nd alternator to equalize the pulley. Don't hook it up to power but use it like it was originally designed for tension on power steering. Anybody had success with that? I've got the 2nd alternator and bracket.

This is a great forum. Thanks.

Biped

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
An idler would be simpler, no? Either way, having driven tens of thousands of miles with a 12 Volt conversion, and quite a few miles with no alternator belts whatsoever, I never experienced any power steering issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks