• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering kits

jimmcld

I just wanted to thank everyone on SS for being so great to work with. The Vietnan Veterans of America, Chapter 920 in Denton, Texas managed to put together enough money to buy one of the pallets of power steering kits from GL a couple of weeks ago. We were not intending to make money on the deal, but rather to try the idea of a joint purchase for SS members.

The effort worked so well that we had many more members wanting to buy than we had units to sell. We never advertised them anywhere and only mentioned the fact that we had some for sale here on SS. Granted, they were sold for almost half of what they are now going for on eBay, but we felt that we were doing a service, rather than making a profit. We did manage to get one for our deuce without it costing anything, and we don't count our labor or time as worth anything! So, everything worked VERY well.

I also wanted to thank two SS members, I won't mention their names, for the generous donations we received. Two of the people who purchased the kits sent an additional check (tax deductable) as a donation to VVA 920. One of the members actually sent an additional $200! The only thing I can say is that we will try to make sure that it goes to good use. We are involved in a number of public service an troop support projects. In fact, this weekend we will be taking our newly power steering equiped deuce to a parade for Medal of Honor winners in Gainesville, Texas.

Thanks to everyone,

Vietnam Veterans of America
2038 W. University
Denton, Texas 76201

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I could have got in on this. Glad a bunch of others did though. Maybe next time.

wpaulharris

Air-O-Matic kits

Great job to you guys there in Denton. There is hope!!
Sure need one of those kits too.
Let me know if they come around again, would you?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks