• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power Steering Lines recommendation...

Asmoday

Hey All,

I want to replace my power steering lines as I'm pretty much doing everything else right now in the engine bay...LOL.

Can anyone recommend a brand of replacement power steering lines to get?

I was able to source some original NOS GM lines but they are a chunk of change though I'm not opposed to paying it if it's worth it to stick with NOS lines.

My M1009 is a late 84 build / 85 model year if that makes a difference.

Part number recommendations appreciated as well with the exception of the GM ones as I have those from the TM as well as the updated GM numbers for them...:)

Thanks!

jets1959

All CUCV's use 1984 parts in them. The government did not want to stock all the different model year parts. I found this out when I went to get the washer fluid bottle for my 1986 M1031. The stock 1984 bottle doesn't have pump in it. the 1986 does. My 1986 M1031 has the pump on the wiper motor, just like all 1984 civy chevy trucks.:beer:

prairie

One of mine developed a small leak, that turned into a major leak after a few weeks.
Had the line on hand , was ordered through the local NAPA store.
Was a PIA to remove and replace.

Last edited:

cjcottrill

I got my power steering lines a advance auto. They were in stock for immediate pick up. You can search the advance web site and find the price and availability. I did some work on an old For restore once and found the only difference between factory parts and big box store parts was the blue box. They both came from mexico with the same name brand on the parts. The blue box almost doubled the price.

panama

I went online to Rock Auto and got these:

EDELMANN 71093
EDELMANN 91468
EDELMANN 71350

and a bag of stainless hose clamps and replaced them all.

ctmustang

At the shop I work at we have always taken the old lines to the local hydraulic shop and had new ones made. Most of the time it is cheaper that way and is a heck of a lot better quality hose and they do it while we wait.
CT

Asmoday

Well unfortunately for me one of my lines has a bad notch wore into the metal line portion that could leak at some point so
I must replace at least one of the lines.

It's the line from the PS pump to the boost unit.

If anyone has an old one that in which the metal lines portion of the hose is still nice I wouldn't mind having it and then having the hose remade.

Last edited:

allenhillview

Asmoday, finished this steering line job lately, had NOS but cashed in a favor at some depots Locally, they had it all. But to answer, you've got those #'s but use the doorman on oil, mine has done fine and they fit well. Power steering lines check out some AN stuff, its a PITA but worth it. Its hard to research when (me) didn't know what to ask for. Bump Tube O-ring is the fitting style, then there is the thread size and count. Just something to think about.

You end up getting thin walls on shelf stuff, and aluminum fittings instead of steel.

Also, you can do oil the same way if you want, I did a manifold for oil temp gauge, some AN and the doorman so I can go back to stock connection or repair without much take-off. I'll take more time and pics if you become more interested in this idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks