• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering pump problems M818, 5Ton

devitot

Hey sorry if this is in the wrong forum but i just bought a 1970 m818 and the power steering fluid keeps over flowing out the breather i made sure to not over fill it and I've tried bleeding the system three separate times by turning the steering wheel full lock to full lock around 20 times i just thought i would ask before i started taking the pump apart any help would be much appreciated

Ray70

If you look down the filler with it running, does the fluid slowly start to foam up and eventually overflow, even if you aren't turning the wheel? Also, do you start to feel like your loosing steering pressure before it overflows?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks