• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power steering

gmorton

I have put power steering on my M37 because it sucks to get old. The front end likes to "wobble" which it did not do before. I'm going to get it aligned on Saturday and was wondering if it is possible to put a steering stabilizer on the truck?

Eric's hifim37

Hi,

I have power steering on my M37, if you are having wobble your knuckle bushing/bearings are bad providing you used the original idler arm assembly and kept the original lower steering arm. I have owned many of these trucks and I can tell you if you have steering wobble it is your knuckle bearings causing it. I don't think the "stabilizer" will help much, I do run a "stabilizer" for bump steer prevention but it will not cure the wobbles, Jack up your front, pull the wheels and pop the tie rod ends, steering arm loose and see if your knuckle moves freely back-n-forth, if it does there is your problem. The knuckle should have 20 pounds of drag if your bearing/bushings are good, you should have to really work to move the knuckle back-n-forth> when I pick up one of these gems I always rebuild the knuckles to pevent steering issues as you discribe, I once had a close call to know how important good steering needs to be.

Good luck, Eric..

WCRiot

Eric,
I see you are in barstow California. Where did you buy your m37's from? I'm located in Los Angeles and I'm looking for an M37. PM me if you have some time

mattveeder

I have a power steering kit that I bought from someone else that they adapted from a 1960's mustang. Allthough I have not installed it I need to, the 11.00 R 16 tires kick my A^* when going slow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks