• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power supply

Boatcarpenter

To any of you that have radios installed in your Deuce, M37 etc.; did you install any sort of protected power source, ie fused, surge or drop protected etc? Inquiring mind wants to know.
BC

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems to me that the MX7777 is the prefererred surge protector. I don't have one but Bjorn does and probably has pics of it. That's the only one I know of.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a CB in my M37, pulling 12v off one battery. It worked fine for years. Like with all radios and sensitive equipment, I think you will be fine if you be sure to not have the device on when you start the vehicle. Alternators especially can surge on startup before the regulator catches up. Aircraft manuals especially caution about this for the avionics.
Regards Marti

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny knows, here is the picture again.

The MX-7777 filters and supresses noise on the 24 volt system as well as blocks reverse polarity.
I have a small voltage regulator, which reduces the available 24 volts to 12 volts for my CB and some other electronics.

If you draw 12 volts from one battery, do install a dual battery charger to restore and equalize voltages whenever the truck isn't used. Chargetek 500 is a good charger for this purpose.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks