• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power switch

buzzbike71

I have a 69 deuce with multifuel engine. I am having problem with power switch on the dash. Sometimes when I turn it, the gauges come on and everything works fine. Other times, when I turn it, nothing. Can I remove the nut behind the switch and remove, or do I need to unbolt the whole "dash". This may be a no brainer, but I am on a learning curve, and want to get the deuce up and running asap for an upcoming parade. Thanks for everyone's help.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You should be able to unbolt it for inspection. There are 4 wires run to the back of it. Make sure you know where they came from and where they go when you put it, or a new one back in.

jimmcld

You can remove the switch by taking off the knob and removing the nut under it. The biggest problem is space. It is extremely crowded under there and small hands help. Also, there is no way to get into a comfortable position to perform this operation. Good luck.

wikallen

I would start by checking your battery connections. Especially the ground to the frame rail. Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

To take the switch out, take the screw off the lever, then take the nut off the shaft. The switch then comes out the back of the dash.

whyme

for some reason i cant get into the TM section again, anyone have a diagram of the wiring to the switch? im planning on a keyed ignition switch in its place.

buzzbike71

Thanks for the help. I will actually check the ground issue first, because when I removed the "old battery" a few weeks ago, one of the posts was almost disintegrated. I wrote it off to corrosive changes, but I certainly need to confirm the ground. If that is okay, I will proceed to removing the switch. Your help is greatly appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks