• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power wagon

TxFireDeuce

it was used on flight line to haul bombs it came from a gov surplus the vfd i am with used it as a brush truck it broke down my dad got it and fixed it now i have it. it was a navy truck

N1265

It was not uncommon for the military to go purchase trucks at the local dealership as they needed them, Dodge was a prefered choice in the 70's because of the M880 / M890 contract. The military motor pools were use to working on them and had a few they could use as parts. what kind of info are you looking for ?

Elwenil

If it's a '78 Power Wagon it will be full time 4WD with an NP203 transfer case. 1/2 tons always used the D44 front axle and could have had the 8 1/4" or the 9 1/4" Chrysler rear though the 9 1/4" was much more common. If it's a W200 it could have the D44 or D60 front axle and a D60 rear axle. W300 would have either front axle and a D60 if it was single rear or a D70 if it was a dually. Transmissions will be the 727 if it's an automatic or a NP435 or NP445 4 speed. The A320 3 speed was available but is almost unheard of. Engine options range from the 225 Slant Six to the 440 big block, though the reliable old 318 was by far the most common. '78 was also the last year for the big block engines. If you want more info than that, you are going to have to be a lot more specific about what you want to know. "Just general info" doesn't really tell us much.

nattieleather

MV look is subjective. Do you want the look of a M880 four color cammo with black out lights? Or do you want the cargo truck that did post maintenance that is semigloss green (or just the stock truck color) with stencling on the door? Both are military.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks