• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

powered trailer

wbv

I have noticed a few pics of powered trailers on the SS site and in the past on the GL auction site.

Were these made to operate with the M809 series trucks? Does anyone have any info on them like there designation or manuals?

Thanks................. wbv

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I imagine what you saw were back sections of the MK48 (articulated 8x8 ). Most of the ones I have seen were the mk17 drop side or mk 18 bridge carriers. I would think you could move one with a 5 ton, but it definately wasn't made for that.
"The LVS has an off road payload of 12.5 tons and an on road payload of 22.5 tons"
http://shortlinks.net/vwf132

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wbv, Tom's (spicergear) trailer is just a deuce frame and bed. He was talking about powering it, but he never followed through(that I know of). He has not posted much in the past year, so he might have.

wbv

Thanks for the help........looks like Tom (spicergear) had exactly what I am considering in mind. To create a driven 5th wheel dolly for my truck.

Not too sure about the dynamics however.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks