• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Powered Turret bearing info

A1E-Spad

Good day, new member here. We recently acquired a 2007 M1165A1 and I am currently still learning much about this truck and don't quite know all the jargon involved with them, but our truck is equipped with the shock mounted frag roof and at one point had a turret in it but it was removed and blanked off with a plate. We are looking to have an O-GPK type turret made up for it, and we currently have in hand much of the electronics and drive mechanism( including the BPMTU, servo motor, hand traverse, ring, gear, etc, etc) We also have the hard anodised aluminum ring mount that fits into the roof opening and have the ring gear attached to that.

the one thing that I am having difficulty in finding is information on what turret bearing I should be looking for. There seem to be many part numbers for these bearings and I am unsure if they are just revisions, or entirely different sized bearings all together. I attached a CAD drawing that shows the dimension of the turret mount we have and the approximate bolt pattern and spacing that I assume the bearing bolts up to.

Does anyone have a bearing that will fit this, or can direct me towards where we might locate one? Any information is as good start for me regardless.

Much appreciated!

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

TurretRingDimensions.png

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1165 trucks did not have turrets...plate is factory.
You can install one with that black adapter ring.
The gear ring you have is not for that system...Its for a M1114.
An M1114 bearing can work with that black ring by drilling 12 holes.
I've had all types of these systems for years....before most out there.
The electric parts you have are specific to the system...some parts will interchange.
You need to attach alot more pics...and if needed PM me your phone number...lots of info you need.

A1E-Spad

M1165 trucks did not have turrets...plate is factory.
You can install one with that black adapter ring.
The gear ring you have is not for that system...Its for a M1114.
An M1114 bearing can work with that black ring by drilling 12 holes.
I've had all types of these systems for years....before most out there.
The electric parts you have are specific to the system...some parts will interchange.
You need to attach alot more pics...and if needed PM me your phone number...lots of info you need.

Yeah I wasn't sure if this model came with one or not but now I do know it did not have one originally.

I do have more pictures I just didn't want to flood my first site post with a bunch of thumbnails right off the bat. At the moment I have the ring gear mounted to that black ring, and that "assembly" is fitted into the roof opening. Bolt pattern all lines up. The black ring does have an inner 12 bolt pattern that i figured the bearing bolts up to.

We also have all the servo motor/traversing crank gear assemblies, covers, and brackets, BPMTU controller, BPMTU cables(both ends), joystick and cable, and the BPMTU battery box. This truck is a new addition to our hangar, and we are looking at getting an O-GPK type look turret made up for it.

I will attach more photos to this reply. Tried to start a PM convo with you but the site won't let me do so yet. I must be in that new-guy phase lock yet here until an admin says it's ok.

IMG_1644.jpg
IMG_1645.jpg
IMG_1647.jpg
IMG_1658.jpg
IMG_1659.jpg
IMG_1665.jpg
IMG_1667.jpg
IMG_1669.jpg
IMG_1675.jpg
IMG_1677.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks