• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Powering multiple radios

How are you guys powering multiple radios?

I have a CD82 MCS drawing power off the radio tray for my VIC3. That right hand power outlet also needs to be used for a radio I just got, but obviously only one plug can fit at a time.

Can I run a radio directly from battery terminal?

Is there another cable that maybe has a splitter for multiple items/radios?

My radio tray also has two ports in the middle that are empty. What are they for?

Attachments

Reactions: OBX

Autonomy_Lost

Not sure the official way, but I have a 12v mobile radio hooked up directly to the rear battery.

If you go this direction, just make sure it is properly fused, and the fuse needs to be located as close to the battery as possible. (I used to be a radio installer professionally).

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How are you guys powering multiple radios?

I have a CD82 MCS drawing power off the radio tray for my VIC3. That right hand power outlet also needs to be used for a radio I just got, but obviously only one plug can fit at a time.

Can I run a radio directly from battery terminal?

Is there another cable that maybe has a splitter for multiple items/radios?

My radio tray also has two ports in the middle that are empty. What are they for?
In your third picture, one the extreme left hand side there is a plug that is horizontal (going forward). The correct radio plugs in there. Remember, when using radios, only talk (transmit) on one at a time. Many radio setups had a transmitter-receiver radio for use in talking, and a separate receive only radio to listen to another channel. The RT-246 had the capability of transmitting on 10 different frequencies (changing by pushing the button for which ever freq you needed), and could have multiple R-442's to listen on specific frequencies. HTH.

RJTM998

I have my VIC 1 and radio tray direct to the battery. My RT524 and R442 is powered off the radio tray. Not sure that helps answer what you asking but thought I would share how I have mine set up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks