• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

powerstroke in a Deuce

rickf

You guys are forgetting all of the electronics involved with a powerstroke. That is a LOT of wiring. The 7.3 idi is another story, all manual injection.

Rick

Jakob

I have thought about going with a 7.3 IDI, a friend of mine has one in his Ford F350. While not as great as a Cummins would be, I could probably get the entire engine and transmission for 1/3 of the cost.

spicergear

Would it fit? Heck yes. Cripes...the 1160/3208 CAT I have in my crane truck is bigger than the 7.3 like a Big Block Chevy compared to a Small Block Chevy. AND you'll have PLENTY of room to move the radiator back and slap in an intercooler if you would like too. That's a super huge bonus of having a V engine opposed to an inline. Expect the steering column to still be close though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks