• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ppg carc ?

mckeeranger

I haven't used it myself, but there is a guy at the local Car Quest that used to sell it to the army when he was at the Richmond, KY store.

I don't know if he was selling it to the KYNG, Army Reserve, or the Ordinance Depot. All three are at Richmond.

I can give him a call and find out, if you would like to talk to the one he was selling it to. Whomever it was.

sawgunner1

I haven't used it myself, but there is a guy at the local Car Quest that used to sell it to the army when he was at the Richmond, KY store.

I don't know if he was selling it to the KYNG, Army Reserve, or the Ordinance Depot. All three are at Richmond.

I can give him a call and find out, if you would like to talk to the one he was selling it to. Whomever it was.
That would be great.

I have bounced all over the place from old TYPE I CARC paint, which I can get FREE, to the old and new CARC TYPE II. I really don't know the advantages/disadvantages of each other than the volitivity questions. It just seems this Ppg single step would be best for touch up and stenciling.

Nonotagain

Has anyone had any dealings with this CARC paint?

http://corporateportal.ppg.com/NR/rdonlyres/D2E6972D-24D6-4914-BC45-0F6C53696E2E/0/53039TypeII.pdf

It sounds good...no mixing, ready to use right out of the can, no pot life worries.

BUT...DOES IT WORK?
Last year before the Aberdeen show I asked my PPG rep about the avaiibility of their CARC coatings as I presently use Hentzen and Sherwin Williams for my CARC suppliers.

PPG does not manufacture CARC but has material repackaged made by NCP Coatings.

I can call my rep Bill again Friday morning, but I'm wiling to bet a months pay that this is NCP repackaged material.

As for will it work? NCP is on the Qualified products list for Mil-Dtl-53039, so yes it will work.

profection

NCP does manufacture all of PPG's military coatings and NCP does make quaity coatings. They do have distributors. In my area (FL) Color Wheel paints is the distributor who is owned by Comex. Comex has several companies that they own around the states. Go to their website and it will direct you to the stores in your area. The two stage CARC will be more durable with the use of a hardener but you also have isocyanates that are very harmful. Mike