• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PRC-77 Radio Check

TheRecorder

I am in Southern California. I have recently acquired a working PRC-77 which will eventually be mounted in my M35A2. For now, I have good batteries and would like to conduct a radio check with another radio in the area. "Anyone in the Corona area? Riverside? San Bernardino?......................Over."

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a HAM (Amateur Radio) license? If not, all you can legally do is listen! Try tuning to 49.875 Mhz and listen. It's a frequency that is used by wireless headphones on TV sets. If someone in your neighborhood is using them, you will hear what they are watching! That will be half of the radio check!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6-meter ham bands are 50.0 - 54.0 MHz, so you can tune around and listen for someone on those frequencies as well. 50.0 to 50.1 is CW only (Morse code) so you might be lucky and hear some dots and dashes on those. Be sure you have a good battery or a AM-2060 amplifier to power your rig....

digitaldust

52.525 or 52.520 are busy simplex on 6meter band fyi if you key up or transmit on that radio you will become a fox hunt or DX chase for the feds and OO's
ham radio tickets are very easy to get goto qrz.com and practice the test
you will need to goto a VEC testing for the real deal its very cheep too under 20.00

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
Hey Recorder enjoyed your display at the Chino air show ( didnt know you were on here(on SS) until I saw your you tube vid). I havent logged on here for a long time, but I do have a ham ticket .I`m not very mobile right now but that what radio is for, but I should be in range in the IE to make a test. You might be at the dirt bag event, so PM me latter but I am not too prompt right now......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks