• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PRC 77 radio installation

Cav Trooper

I've found the cable for the power connection to the AM2060, the other cable I have, CX 4723 apparently is used for a VIC intercom which I don't believe I need. Also, I need the coax cable but, I've found a site that describes an antenna tuner control, with the coax cables. Do I need the antenna tuner? I'm just connecting a PRC 77. Can I just order the coax with the BNC connectors and the PL connector to the antenna? I have a 116 antenna. I definetly and running blind here and need the advice of the magic radio wave society.

tbanks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
antennas

If you are using a MS116 then I assume you are using an AB15 or AB558 base.If thats true then you need a CG1773 coax cable.The tuner cable is used when running an AS1729 antenna for automatic tuning of the MX6707 base.The down side is that you will have to use the frequency range of the PRC77 that matches up with the length of the antenna you have for best reception.
We have all the cables,antennas,mounts and acessories for the ANVRC12 series radios you will need.You can call me at 1-859-749-5659 or PM me.Tony

Cav Trooper

Tony,

It looks like I have an AB15 base. PL259 connector to BNC? I don't know what length is standard but I only need about a 5ft. max. maybe less. I will have to measure. I'm not even sure this radio works. I got my HAM license a few months back so I could use the radio but, I understand they are very limited in range and frequency available to broadcast on. I ran into another HAM who used to work for the company in Cincinnati that had the contract for the PRC 77's and his good friend still works for them. I am trying to get in contact with them to test this radio. Not sure if anyone monitors the available frequencies either to do a comm check. What would a cable run me?

Larry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks