• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PRC-77/RT-841 RF amplifier?

Yaivenov

I'm currently putting together a setup for my M35A2C, however one component has been eluding me...

I have a VIC-1 Intercom system, the AM-2060 mounting base/power supply, MT-1029 vehicle frame/interface and of course the PRC-77 radio set, but I'm having trouble locating a suitable RF amplifier. Either set, the AM-4306, AM-4477 or the AM-4700 would be fine, but the 4700 is preferable.

There seemed to be a few floating around about a year ago but I'm having trouble finding any currently. Does anyone have any possible leads on these units?

Yaivenov

Update: Still looking for any of those three RF amplifiers (range boosters). AM-4306, AM-4477 or AM-4700. Any help would be much appreciated.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another possibility is to locate an old "CB Linear" and if it has transistors rated for VHF, as many of the cheapies do, rework it for the VRC-12's range. Then hide it in a green box! I did this to an old beater and got 10 watts out of it.

I did not pursue further, but due to the poor gain of some transistors and isues with the RF transformers at VHF, (6 meter ham to be exact) it might take a couple stages to get the full 50-100 watts.

But I can tell you do not want to rig it and want the right items.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look on E-Bay for a seller goes by "Old Buzzard Rich,W2OBR in Beachwood N.J" he did have some of the
Israeli units made by Tadiran that were the same as the unit you are looking for I think. If you don't
find him PM me back and I will dig up a e-mail address.

Hope this helps! popacom / Billl in Ky.[thumbzup]

Yaivenov

Look on E-Bay for a seller goes by "Old Buzzard Rich,W2OBR in Beachwood N.J" he did have some of the
Israeli units made by Tadiran that were the same as the unit you are looking for I think. If you don't
find him PM me back and I will dig up a e-mail address.

Hope this helps! popacom / Billl in Ky.[thumbzup]

Ebay apparently has never heard of him or their user search function is total crap. If you could find his email that would be very helpful.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry Yaivenov, hadn't been back here to see your post,I figured you would PM me if the e-mail address was needed. Anyway here it is and I hope it helps you out.
It is as follows: Richard Decker w2obr@comcast.net. I set up with Rich at Aberdeen and he is a real good guy,he is the U.S. rep for a gentleman that comes up with alot of Tadiran equipment. Please tell him I sent you so he knows I am trying to help him as well,

Thanks! popacom / BILL in Ky.:grd:

Yaivenov

Good news, got a reply back from Ilan Yacobi and they are currently sitting on a neat pile of the AM-4477 range boosters. Just waiting for them to sort out a functional one for me.

Rich Johnson

Ah yes, Uncle Mike. He is just about 20 minutes away from me.
I hate walking into his place because I cant leave without spening money. No window shopping there.
He helped me fork lift the comm shelter out of my f150 and onto my M-116 trailer.

papakb

I've got the schematics for the Israeli AM-4477s if you need them send me a PM with a mailing address and I'll reply with them.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks