• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pre-heater pump pressure?

m139h2otruck

Anyone know what the pre-heater fuel pump pressure spec is? Still trying to get the Mack tractor heater to run, and will try to setup a gage to check, but want to use the correct range gage. Still think that the problem is in the nozzle.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The pressure is listed in the LDS trouble shooting manual. I think it is in the 5-7 psi range. It has it's own filter and fuel pump(on the passenger side of the block), so look carefully.

acetomatoco

Mack? Would have either the 6602 gasser or the ENDT673 Mack Engine...unless it was an early gasser subjected to the conversion to Multifuel Engine. Of course, it may be the M123 series, too... as the topic is "5 ton and up" In that case it is the V8-300 a small version of the 903/4 (I always forget) at 786 cubic inches...But that had a hand pump for operation of the cold start system, always preheat or you will get raw fuel on the glowplugs and you will not get proper heating. Of course, I haven't answered the question, as I am far away from my manuals working on the theory behind the magnetic levitation and propulsion of units at DisneyWorld, look mom, no wheels.

m139h2otruck

Good Ace answer, my fault; tractor is Mack powered M52A1 maker unknown. Preheater system looks the same as a multi, just mounted different. Tried to get back on forum last week, but site was way bogged down. Were there any changes that caused this?

Took the nozzle apart again and washed out in paint thinner, brake clean and carb cleaner. Could just barely get air through it. Rehookedup lines but not mounted in manifold and got a very poor spray. Did it again, and better spray this time. Installed correctly and crankedup pressure screw on pump to max. Will make heat (slight) but still not sure about the nozzle. Guess now nozzle will be required.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks