• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pre luber install

Gastrap

I've been reading all the pre luber threads on here since before I won my deuce.

Made a unit from a stripped-down fuel transfer pump first. It worked, but would not have enough torque to handle cold oil in the winter without a reduction drive.

Just about said screw it & was going to set up to machine some some filter adapters, but I like the idea of heating my oil in the winter. Decided to check Ebay & there it was. How did members here miss it :?: An unused, but 20 year old marine 24 volt pre luber complete with controller. Got it for $100- the only bid. Its a rotor pump with built in check valve, pressure relief, and gear reduction.

Testing revealed a gasket sucking air on the intake side. I disassembled it, put the rotor & gear on the surface grinder & removed .005" of width so I could run with just anaerobic sealer & no gaskets....worked great.

Mounted up under my heater on the upright & plumbed with 3/8 hydraulic lines & another ball check valve. Decided against using the controller & mounted a momentary toggle left of the throttle control. I put the suction line on the rear sump drain plug, couldn't find any reason not to, and it keeps it up out of the way.

Works great! Just hold the toggle till my needle moves & fire it up- instant pressure.

Picture 060.jpgPicture 058.jpg

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
same for my kit. has a timer set for 90 seconds, but takes only 45 sec. to a minute. Most of that time I suppose is filling the huge oil filters that came with Ethan's kit. Good find on the pump!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks