• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

zout

All the metal flooring strips blasted.
Fenders for the box blasted.
Box moved into the garage (do not ever do this by yourself like I did).
Wood framework for the chassis undercoated - rubberized which will stay sort of flexible and waterproof.
Lower framework in the box undercoated where this framework bolts to and the flooring is in this area as well.

NO PICS - I was too lazy and on a mission.

Calling for more rain Saturday so once again trying to get ahead of the game with projects set up in the garage to work on.

zout

Wow - one whole day without pictures - PB must be on withdrawl syndromes.

Wooden box framework undercoated (rubberized)
Channel for the framework also metal expoxy etched - primed and undercoated then re-primed again

Rest are pretty much self explanitory and if ya need me to draw you a picture I will.

Suppose to be rain again this weekend so I am pretty much set up now to huddle down in the garage and be on full attach mode - Turbo has not puked yet PB.
Photo1851.jpgPhoto1852.jpgPhoto1853.jpgPhoto1854.jpgPhoto1855.jpgPhoto1856.jpgPhoto1857.jpgPhoto1858.jpgPhoto1859.jpgPhoto1860.jpg

Now that we know what this is - where it served - there are some additional touches I have been making to it so it is WORTHY.

zout

I went into Rick Larsens Military Stencil site and poking around in case PB wants to give it the FULL look. I did see the stencil type you inquired about and paid no attention to its date range of use

Was it from the 45th - it sure has every indicator that it was is all I can tell you. Back when I started the hood and you can go back at look at the pictures - there is the serial # marking on the hood you can see. I have pictures of every marking found including the stamped frame # behind the right step and in front of the tire carrier mounting bolt holes.

I have the weather strippings to finish the front fender mount - cowl welting and all of their original hold down rivets.
PTO to finish up when I get out of work - get the transmission filled back up with fresh lube as well. Finish the windshield frame and try to get a glass in this next week. Our glass vendor is more than willing to cut and mount one in for N/C as I send him all our glass work for the fleet. - Same fella who did Debs jeep and my 43.

Will get back on the box tomorrow after I am done doing my Mothers day crapola.[thumbzup]

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well shoot, whether it WAS from the 45th Inf or not...IT IS now for marking purposes!!:naner:

Commander Warp, the WC progress is well ahead of schedule so maybe you should just take a well deserved break and spend the whole day with Zout-2.:beer:

Last edited:

M715VFD405

I met one of the guys from the museum he gave me a business card I'll pm it to you as soon as I get back he was driving and M151a1 for the parade. If anyone can help he can he said your email should have been forwarded to him and he had not got it so he said message him directly

zout

Windshield framework done - saved the owner tons of $$$$$$$$$$ cha ching doing this -will try to get the glass in it next week.

Passenger fender - too a while to get this done with my friend showing up with his Camero he has someone coming from CA to buy it this week - wanted me to polish it and $500 later he is headed home worse after helping me finish a 5th of Crown while I did it - I did get the passenger fender almost done on the WC - I will have to think about it cause I lost all my brain cells doing the Camero

PTO ready to chuck in.
Photo1861.jpgPhoto1862.jpgPhoto1863.jpgPhoto1864.jpgPhoto1865.jpgPhoto1866.jpgPhoto1867.jpg

If you would have seen this windshield frame before - you would have chucked it into the scrap pile.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yeppers, I was gonna scrap that inner windshield frame but some super troop said he thought he could save it. I guess he was right!:beer:

That rascal is coming together fast now Bro!!:)
:papabear:

zout

Outside of the windshield frame the box has been a project by itself to get all the damage repaired on it so it looks WORTHY for my IFS.

Front fenders pulled - weather stripping installed and remounted.
Box filler strips etch epoxy primerd.
Both fenders had major work done to them along with removal of some pieces of 1 inch angle iron that had been welded onto the drivers side - do not know what its use may have been.
Plucked the tailgate on and there is one more piece to repair on it after hammering it into submission where it needs to be.

I'll get the boxes opened that John at Midwest Military has sent to date and start checking my next steps to take.
Opened the wood box flooring kit just to take a peek and had a surprise in its future mounting that I did not know - I never try to assume something because it always backfires on me and rears its ugly head at me - that is why I try to look ahead pulling pieces that are 71 years old to figure them out. Now I know.

Here are a few pics I took - there was more done than this - but I just did not take pics of it. You'll see the progress sooner or later.
Photo1868.jpgPhoto1869.jpgPhoto1870.jpgPhoto1871.jpgPhoto1872.jpg

bigugh20

Those shows where they re-build a car in a week with a whole frickin platoon of people + vendors (with all new parts) don't have nothing on you Dave! You inspire us all.

zout

Well - I should have done what I was going to do in the first place - just stay home - but oh no I had to go and listen to a couple fellas here thinkin Zout 2 needed a little more special attention.

No foolin - it was the #1 worse time I had gone to dinner.
Longhorns had a power outage - closed
Red Lobster - line wrapped around the building
I asked #2 where ya wanna go and she said Applebee's as the Outback WAS the #1 worse.

I will keep this short - it must have been FOOD STAMP day - I'll tell ya around the campfire.

I'm am listening my myself next year fellas.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Always best to cook for mom at home! We were coming bak from church and every place had lines worse than Atlanta airport on Monday morning :(

seriously is mom going to have fun sitting in line for an hour plus! Totally ridiculous

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well - I should have done what I was going to do in the first place - just stay home - but oh no I had to go and listen to a couple fellas here thinkin Zout 2 needed a little more special attention.
No foolin - it was the #1 worse time I had gone to dinner.
Longhorns had a power outage - closed
Red Lobster - line wrapped around the building
I asked #2 where ya wanna go and she said Applebee's as the Outback WAS the #1 worse.
I will keep this short - it must have been FOOD STAMP day - I'll tell ya around the campfire.
I'm am listening my myself next year fellas.
Ah come on now fellers, you know it's not ALWAYS the outcome the wifey appreciates...it's the desire and effort to make her happy!!

MB loves lobster so the oldest son and his wife invited us to Red Lobster. When we arrived the receptionist said 1 hour waiting time. The manager came outside to smoke and saw me and started BSing (I've known him for years)....anyhoo, we were inside and seated about 20 minutes after arrival.:)

Long story short...MB had a good time and THAT's what's important!:beer: