• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As Meatloaf sang: "I would do anything for love. I would do anything for love. I would do anything for love, but I won't do that" !!!!!!!!!

zout

Someone needs to look around the hooch and see if BB walked off with one missing board for the WC - one piece MIA. I got the other two that were stained heavly all cleaned up. There is the pic of the framework hold down bolts that go through the flooring as well - never saw flooring done this way - so I painted up the bolt heads and washers.

The thumbscrews that lock down the windshield rotation were knarled up pretty badly besides being bent - went to NAPA and got two grade 8 bolts - cut off the old - cut off the heads of the new - drilled out the thumbscews and welded them in place - cleaned em up of course and them put them in.

Tailgate hinge - RS was rusted out - making new piece now - talked with John up at Midwest and the box front fender to steps pieces are not aftermarket available - so I will tackle making these new pieces as well and hope I do not hack them up too badly.

Headed back down after eating lunch and try to do some real work this time.
Photo1873.jpgPhoto1874.jpgPhoto1875.jpgPhoto1876.jpgPhoto1877.jpgPhoto1878.jpgPhoto1879.jpgPhoto1880.jpgPhoto1881.jpgPhoto1882.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why don't you just take a little out of the tailgate and front end of the bed to adjust for the missing board. PB will never know!! With your fabrication skills, it will not be a problem.

:lol:

zout

TWM - I looked around for as much left over bondo I will never use and thought about making my own board - like ya said he will never know.

Got the RS corner done - hinge in place and I need to pick up bolts for both sides that go though that channel on the exterior.
Got the two plates measured and cut and vice gripped into place for the box fender fronts - keep stating at it with the vice grips in place but it never did self weld itself - gotta figure out what's going on with the "force" in the garage lately.

I never did get the PTO up - something about dealing with a pinched nerve in my back I have been dealing with for a while now - I just hate medicine so I just deal with it.
Box rail tubing end caps plugged like they should be now as well.
Photo1891.jpgPhoto1892.jpgPhoto1893.jpgPhoto1894.jpgPhoto1895.jpgPhoto1896.jpgPhoto1897.jpgPhoto1898.jpg

ducer

For a minute there I was worried you were just going to patch those holes with just the cardboard.:shock: But I'm glad to see you changed your mind and used steel as it will hold up much better in wet weather and takes paint better.:mrgreen:

Denny

zout

Windshield frame heads out today to get the glass installed - will paint this up later by taping off the frame & paper. Hopefully have this back by the end of the day. They are going to use that super duper mama luper sealant to set the glass that holds with the grip of god.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
As usual your progress is nothing short of amazing Commander Warp!!:not worthy:

I asked BB, Troy and Tony about the wood and they said all the wood we had was sent with the truck.:(
I doubt John will sell a single piece of wood but I have no other recommendation other than trying to get someone to make one.:confused: Gosh, I just hope I don't have to buy another kit but if that's what it takes... I am fully prepared to accept my punishment.

The rest looks just outstanding!!:beer:

Attachments

zout

I'll call John and beg like a mutt for a single slab - there was a carton sealed with 3 pieces in it - two loose that had been stained really bad - wonder if the last piece we need departed the pickup box on your trip back South ? We'll figure it out.

zout

Another oustanding thumbs up for John up at Midwest Military - his assistance in parts and knowledge getting this WC back into shape has been of great value.

THANKS JOHN

Wood flooring for over a 70 year old vehicle come in kits which is totally understandable. It would have been too costly to have just one piece copied elsewhere even if I could have found the time to break away using a vacation day to get it done.

John is sending down ONE piece that is MIA off the flooring - just speachless and very appreciative on this end.

If you have never dealt with Midwest - give it a try if your vehicle falls into one of his categories of parts needed. I have had nothing but outstanding service from them up there.

zout

PTO installed
Master cylinder installed - before ya ask - the answer is YES and YES.

Played around with the box front fender areas both sides - just a little more to do and their done.

PTO drive shaft - u joints - cleaned up rust off ends -greased - ready to install.

Photo1899.jpgPhoto1900.jpgPhoto1901.jpgPhoto1902.jpgPhoto1903.jpgPhoto1904.jpgPhoto1905.jpgPhoto1906.jpgPhoto1907.jpgPhoto1908.jpg

zout

Oh yeah - the Pintle hitch - someone had cut the bolt heads off and short of the remainder of the bolts getting punched out - as soon as PB would have hooked to something it would have yanked right out of the cross member - I'll get these removed and grade 8 bolts in place.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Oh yeah - the Pintle hitch - someone had cut the bolt heads off and short of the remainder of the bolts getting punched out - as soon as PB would have hooked to something it would have yanked right out of the cross member - I'll get these removed and grade 8 bolts in place.
Dammitman!!! I'm glad I didn't hook onto the cannon that rascal is supposed to tow!!:shock:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Commander Warp has found the serial number and other data needed to get the data plates stamped. They're sure gonna look good on that freshly painted dash.
I'm gonna try to turn them in tomorrow for stamping...at a trophy shop...he said he can do a really good job but he HATES those things...lol.
:papabear:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope budweiser is paying for all that advertising in these pictures. They pay good money to get this kind of placement in movies :)

zout

I will work harder when the site goes down
I will work harder when the site goes down
PB says - why don't ya work longer - you cannot post pics because the site is down - GO WORK ON IT :grd:Photo1910.jpgPhoto1911.jpgPhoto1912.jpgPhoto1913.jpgPhoto1914.jpgPhoto1916.jpgPhoto1917.jpgPhoto1918.jpgPhoto1919.jpgPhoto1920.jpg