• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

zout

Got the front shock bushings replaced last night on both sides.
Got the headlights installed last night (bulbs).
Got the windshield frame epoxy primered last night and waiting on some paint to arrive.

What flooring I have will start to get sealed with Floor Restore this weekend along with the filler plate for the shifters.

DO NOT READ THIS PART PB - bringing the tire hammer home today from work to start breaking down the 5 tires so I can start working on sandblasting those rims - still have both seat frames to blast up as well remaining.

I'll get the PTO shaft installed today - get under and start working on clean up of stuff I missed or hidden when I blasted and first washed it outside - this also will be ready to paint when it comes - hit all in one night.

I have some pics but have not downloaded them onto the home computer yet.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
LOL...I just replied to two of your emails on a different subject Commander.
I was going to ask you to take the old tires/wheels to a tire shop and have the tires removed but NOOOOOO....somebody is almost hardheaded as me!!:deadhorse:

Anyhoo...I think you know what this truck means to me and I HOPE you know how much I appreciate all the hard, excellent work you are doing on her!!:not worthy:

zout

What part of DO Notaua READ THIS PB - did we not get IFS

I have been pondering - when this is all done we need some sort of BBQ up here to initiate you back to your baby upon pickup.
Gotta get at least a couple pics of you POing off the Sheriff and my HOA just to keep them all in line.

zout

Front shock bushings in.
The single piece of flooring came late last night - got it all laid out and it shows what a difference it is with this Floor Restore product on it.
The single pic of the paint tray did not come out very well - this stuff when it goes into hardening stage it smokes - there was gobs of smoke coming off the tray to show how hot this epoxy stuff gets before it dries.

Tires laid out - sprayed and will work on breaking these all down tomorrow on my day of rest. I will also get the flooring flipped over and started on the tops along with getting the seat frames blasted.
Photo1929.jpgPhoto1930.jpgPhoto1931.jpgPhoto1932.jpgPhoto1933.jpgPhoto1934.jpgPhoto1935.jpgPhoto1936.jpgPhoto1937.jpgPhoto1938.jpg

o1951

Hey Z - don't go breathin that stuff. It does bad things.:-? Make sure it is fully cured before putting stuff into attached garage - don't want none of that seeping into living quarters.:sad:

zout

Did not get much done today - massive thunder/lightening (yeah great time to be in the driveway with a tire iron in your hand knocking lock rings apart) besides half the powerline clay is now in front of the garage.

Few pics for ya with little to nothing done. They did have great tunes on 97.1 thought and the beer was cold as usual.
Photo1939.jpgPhoto1940.jpgPhoto1941.jpgPhoto1942.jpgPhoto1943.jpgPhoto1945.jpgPhoto1946.jpgPhoto1947.jpgPhoto1948.jpgPhoto1949.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looks like that rear brake shoe on the P/S front was shot out!!:shock:
Can't really tell in the pics...how does everything else look in there?:popcorn:

I can feel your back hurtin from here Bro...them thar wheels look great!

That flooring looks better than any finished hard wood floors I've ever seen!:beer:

In case ya can't tell, I'm HIGHLY impressed!
:papabear:

zout

Shoes both sides were down to nearly metal.

The drivers side backing plate you know what I am already going to do with that - getting front end cleaned up - all parts sitting in each of their own brake clean gallon containers soaking overnight.
Bearings will be repacked of course - races and bearings look great.

The passenger side brake line adapter to cylinder broke off even after it was teased with heat - it was packed full of debris and rust internally that ate it up - from the inside out - will work on that fitting locally w/NAPA.

Want to get the front end brakes all spanky clean and assembled before the attack on the rear proceedes.
Flooring - letting it sit its full 24 hours before manuvers being for fitting and mounting - I may decide to give it one last coat before attaching the strips - thats my gut feeling right now that I would be happy seeing done.

Suppose to be in the 90's tomorrow and sunny - will get them seat frames blasted and hopefully the paint arrives where I can chase it down and get the windshield done and installed - that will be sooooooo frickin cool I could pee my pants wanting to see it.
Lots of little things to do.

Last edited:

zout

Reason for wanting that second coat on it - got the timber all laid out and aligned for the mounts - first pic is only with the first coat - second pic is with the second coat - from here I can fasten once its dried.

Brake stuff getting cleaned up and laid out - did not like the looks of the seals when I pulled them and figured the rears would be just as dried out as well so I went and ordered them up a bit ago. Bearings are getting cleaned and I will only repack them when I am ready to install them.

Standing by to hear if the paint shows up at work (cheaper shipping fee's ) and I will go it when I get the word.
Just lots of little stuff to keep after and finish now as I go along.
Photo1952.jpgPhoto1953.jpgPhoto1954.jpgPhoto1955.jpgPhoto1956.jpgPhoto1957.jpgPhoto1958.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I can see right now that I need to get one of those "pop up" canopies to cover that baby where ever I take her!!
Sort of a portable carport.:papabear:

o1951

I can see right now that I need to get one of those "pop up" canopies to cover that baby where ever I take her!!
Sort of a portable carport.:papabear:
Trouble with something that purty is: ya don't want to put anything in the bed cuz ya might scratch or dent the wood. Ya don't want to take it anywhere cuz some one may open a door into it, or otherwise mar the finish. SOOO - it stays all nice and shiny new in the garage..

zout

You could drive a forklift in that box (if ya could) and it would not scratch it - you could shoot your Red Rider BB gun at them planks and not make a scratch - it floor coating for Modular containers to protect the flooring and repair normal semi trailer flooring to run forklifts on. Rain - shine- snow ain't going to touch that surface - the rest will rot away before that coating does.

Pics of flange - passenger side - some idiot sliced off about a 1/2 of the splines as you can see by the pictures - probably the same idiot who cut out the backing plate on the drivers side and hacked both ends off the wheel cylinder in the process - same idiot who probably used chisels instead of a PROPER TOOL to remove the spindle nuts - they look like they had a herd of beavers knawing on them - just plain stupid in my book. That is the reason the flange had about a 1/2 of shims on it - it they hacked off the other end - putting shims on it made it grab even less on the axle end - DUH.

I will get the passenger side backing plate finished tomorrow night by making the curve.
Photo1959.jpgPhoto1960.jpgPhoto1961.jpgPhoto1962.jpgPhoto1963.jpgPhoto1964.jpgPhoto1965.jpg