• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

zout

Look at the height of the ends of the Steer axle flanges - why in the world would they hack off 1/2 in of that as well - looked like it was done with a hack saw blade.

Stupidity of some folks never cease to amaze me - they probably did not know how to back off the brakes - so why not just fire up the ole torch and hack em off. its also the support for the Wheel cylinder as well - did I say DUH

zout

HEY!!! Are those new thingys on the spindle part of the anti-tree smashing system you said you were gonna install??

Yeah IFS - I'll jump right on that
:deadhorse::deadhorse:

I did get #4 rim broke down in between ahhhhh -= beers

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You could drive a forklift in that box (if ya could) and it would not scratch it - you could shoot your Red Rider BB gun at them planks and not make a scratch - it floor coating for Modular containers to protect the flooring and repair normal semi trailer flooring to run forklifts on. Rain - shine- snow ain't going to touch that surface - the rest will rot away before that coating does.

Pics of flange - passenger side - some idiot sliced off about a 1/2 of the splines as you can see by the pictures - probably the same idiot who cut out the backing plate on the drivers side and hacked both ends off the wheel cylinder in the process - same idiot who probably used chisels instead of a PROPER TOOL to remove the spindle nuts - they look like they had a herd of beavers knawing on them - just plain stupid in my book. That is the reason the flange had about a 1/2 of shims on it - it they hacked off the other end - putting shims on it made it grab even less on the axle end - DUH.

I will get the passenger side backing plate finished tomorrow night by making the curve.
View attachment 429360View attachment 429361View attachment 429362View attachment 429363View attachment 429364View attachment 429365View attachment 429366
Actually, the plan is for me to rot away FAR before anything happens to this truck!!

I can tell ya right now. If I die tonight, I will die a happy camper because somebody (Dave) thought enough of me to do this level of "fixupedness" to my baby!!

In fact...I think when Dave is done, I'm gonna try to get the money to buy his garage and leave the WC22 in there and seal it up!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hey! Great idea, a WC22 time capsule. :grd:
What a fabulous idea!!!! This is a perfect time for a "Drew" story!!
2000 years from now, some unsuspecting "rock doctor" will dig up Zout's garage and find the WC22...in mint condition!!

I'm gonna have a stone tablet made with engravings saying how "Drew" and I helped General Patton win WWII using this....and only this WC22!!:D
The tablet will reference "Commander Warp" and "Tinwoodsman" and "PapaBear"and of course..."Drew" and will list exploits that Indiana Jones would be proud of!

Really...ain't that how history is made??

BUT!!! My Brother Zout has put his heart into this project...and THAT is all the history I need!

Last edited:

Wolfen

I know Papa and it makes me sad. Tell you what PB you get me a good Paying Job close by and I'll move then I can have Zout finish my WC54. It would be much less Work then your WC.

zout

Actually the WC has been a piece of cake to work in as far as body condition - the one PB has stashed away did not even scare me when we were down there and it was getting picked at. It may not have been all restored aftermarket assembly - but I guarantee you'd be able to drive it and not be afraid to scratch it - same as what this one is on the garage - Zout does not do restoration work - this baby is made to DRIVE and display - not trailered. That is the thinking of CAMO anyhow overall.

Paint - will be here Wednesday the 22nd - I am almost getting excited now.

It was over 90 in the garage yesterday and my fan took a crap on me - I'll get them seat frames done tonight so I can get them into primer - I may be able to work out with my tire vendor - sending them rims out to get blasted on the line and powder coated - them paint them up after mounting them - he will be here after lunch and I can ask him. I have one more to knock apart tonight as well.

Start working on tearing down the rear axle before the middle of the week also.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Papa Bear, I would be more than happy to donate my spare garage to the safe keeping of the WC. I would even give you the garage door opener. :driver:

zout

I used one of the ole brake shoes that was down to metal - I left enough to make the bend and used the ole shoe as the template for the curve - its only a shield and nothing significant in its usefulness - just keep chit o la from dropping into the shoes and housing.

I had no clue how I got anything done tonight - that last odd ball rim is kicking this ole mans arse - I am about ready to set fire to it and then work with what I have left - PB got another wheel just laying around not being used - HUH DO YA.

Here are a few pics - yeah that is me whooped from that mofo rim
Photo1966.jpgPhoto1967.jpgPhoto1968.jpgPhoto1969.jpgPhoto1970.jpgPhoto1971.jpgPhoto1972.jpgPhoto1973.jpgPhoto1974.jpgPhoto1975.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yes Commander Warp. I have another rim PLUS the ones on the other WC. I'll get one up there soon.

I am just amazed at how that bed floor turned out!![thumbzup] The seats are outstanding as well!:D