• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

zout

While ya all play tug o war over who thinks PB is going to let drive it !!!!!

I have to pull the front wall of the box inward about 3/4 of an inch as it is bowed from inpacts - this will square this up. Lots and lots of bolts to tighten underneath - box to frame bolts to tighten and finish up. I did not want to tighten any of these in case there was some tweeking to be done.

PB - all I need is one rim or rim and tire - just as long as the sob is not the same as this whoop arese Zout rim - I was beaten and that disrupts the space time continum - so be prepared - the world may start turning backwards.
All the parts ordered will be here before the Memorial Day weekend so there will be lots and lots to do - all I gotta do it go replace that fan - it was over 97 in the garage tonight.

zout

Bud brushed me off - they pulled my advertising contract - something about some project on a CUCV painting it a German color they are moving it to ?? Go Figure. Suppose to be coming in the very near future.

Looks like I'll have to contact Miller and get more Genuine Draft - that Coors stuff makes my pine tree's grow to fast.

Paint due today - should be able to get a lot of stuff painted up that's ready.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Bud brushed me off - they pulled my advertising contract - something about some project on a CUCV painting it a German color they are moving it to ?? Go Figure. Suppose to be coming in the very near future.
Looks like I'll have to contact Miller and get more Genuine Draft - that Coors stuff makes my pine tree's grow to fast.
Paint due today - should be able to get a lot of stuff painted up that's ready.
PLEASE don't lose our contact with Crown Royal!! I may have to give the jacket back and the MVs just won't be as much fun anymore!:papabear:

zout

I forgot to show you what the rep's from Crown did tonight - ahhhh your missing a BIG part - I never read the small print but they showed me its in the contract. Pics to come.

OK - seats back buckles show an eye ring that goes into the front dash - neither are on the dash but the buckles are on backs of the seats - the pic is from the TM open cab page - will let the owner worry about if he wants a baby strap holding him in or not.

I cannot for the life of me find the windshield pivot little container that holds the screws I removed by HEAT - I talked with Swiss on the phone during the mission and am really PO's I cannot find the container - lets start blaming Lloyd at this point as he jinxed us all with loosing parts - sounds good to me and works for me.

I still have the rubber seal to get into the windshield frame I have.
Pics of the youngest squirrel wanting to help grandpa - guess we have a driver for the Vets Day parade huh - that is spelled HUH.
Seats sprayed and will wait on the components to put them together.

Lets see what the full weekend brings me in getting something done finally on this baby so the owner does not think I am beating the ole pud on it.

From my count - its 38 days on the project with hardly any results.
Photo1976.jpgPhoto1977.jpgPhoto1978.jpgPhoto1979.jpgPhoto1980.jpgPhoto1981.jpgPhoto1982.jpgPhoto1983.jpg

zout

Yes I know under the seat buckles needs to be sprayed - I moved them after the paint sort a dried and will shoot them again so everything is covered.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I forgot to show you what the rep's from Crown did tonight - ahhhh your missing a BIG part - I never read the small print but they showed me its in the contract. Pics to come.
OK - seats back buckles show an eye ring that goes into the front dash - neither are on the dash but the buckles are on backs of the seats - the pic is from the TM open cab page - will let the owner worry about if he wants a baby strap holding him in or not.
I cannot for the life of me find the windshield pivot little container that holds the screws I removed by HEAT - I talked with Swiss on the phone during the mission and am really PO's I cannot find the container - lets start blaming Lloyd at this point as he jinxed us all with loosing parts - sounds good to me and works for me.
I still have the rubber seal to get into the windshield frame I have.
Pics of the youngest squirrel wanting to help grandpa - guess we have a driver for the Vets Day parade huh - that is spelled HUH.
Seats sprayed and will wait on the components to put them together.
Lets see what the full weekend brings me in getting something done finally on this baby so the owner does not think I am beating the ole pud on it.
From my count - its 38 days on the project with hardly any results.
View attachment 429721View attachment 429722View attachment 429723View attachment 429724View attachment 429725View attachment 429726View attachment 429727View attachment 429728
First, I'm glad the Crown fellers are still on our team!
Second....I THINK the other WC has the "sissy" eyelets for the safety strap....gotta check
Third...I agree...Lloyd (poppop) should be blamed for all missing parts/stuff...he should have kept the "parts/stuff fairy" busy while you worked!!
Fourth...the lil squirell looks right at home in that truck...he is CAMO material for sure
Fifth (not the bottle...the number) you have NOT been working on that truck 38 days! Maybe small parts of 38 days...like after a full days work...at work...and sacrificing your weekend time when ya could.

For what you've done and are doing Brother...I love ya...in a non-gay sorta way!:papabear:

zout

you have NOT been working on that truck 38 days!

Tue through Fri - about 2 1/2hrs per night
Sat - from about 1pm till around 5pm
Sun & Mon - roughly 9 am till around 3pm

ahhhh is that better SIR IFS.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
you have NOT been working on that truck 38 days!

Tue through Fri - about 2 1/2hrs per night
Sat - from about 1pm till around 5pm
Sun & Mon - roughly 9 am till around 3pm

ahhhh is that better SIR IFS.
I was just saying if you had 38 full days straight to work, you would prolly have finished the truck to perfection, did a couple more Mustangs/Chevelles and worn both thumbs down to nubs by twittling them in shear boredom!![thumbzup] It was meant to be a high compliment.
:papabear:

zout

And that is exactly how it was understood on this end as well :papabear:

I just tried better to explain my pea brain mathmatics and accumulation of days more than total hours only worked on with what available time I have to work on it. Just so anyone that has them many years on a project going (like one other fella we both know) can just see what has been done vs hrs (or days).

I am luckly I even got the numbers of days straight.

Thinkin I should just stick to posting pics more than yacking.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
At this point I think you should take a well deserved stand down and get your back squared away. That WC will still be there whenever.

I know you're strong as an ox and stubborn as a mule but sometimes the old body just needs a little time to re-spool the turbo!:beer:

zout

Windshield seal rolled into place - now if Poppop would give be that container of mounting screws for it back I would be sort of a happy camper.

Main box board secured - what you see is the header board that had been bowed - got the right tool out to tweek it back into position - then drill the holes and that should be the end of the woodwork thank goodness.

Done early as I do not want to smell like a pig for an appointment tomorrow - already know whats coming and been down this road before so - turbo still spooled and whistling.
Photo1995.jpgPhoto1996.jpgPhoto1997.jpgPhoto1998.jpg

poppop

It was'nt me I swear!!!!! And the fairy is still here because I had to buy a moon key for the winch shifter shaft today since mine disappeared. I am a little behind because My phone lines went screwy last night and took the repair guys three hours to get them back up.

Dave, that truck is really looking good and you are doing some fantastic work. I wish you were closer so you could give me some pointers.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It was'nt me I swear!!!!! And the fairy is still here because I had to buy a moon key for the winch shifter shaft today since mine disappeared. I am a little behind because My phone lines went screwy last night and took the repair guys three hours to get them back up.
Dave, that truck is really looking good and you are doing some fantastic work. I wish you were closer so you could give me some pointers.
Missing parts, moon keys "relocated", screwy phone lines, awe come on fellers...let's just fess up...we're gettin old and it's startin ta show!:-(

Zout, good luck with your appointment tomorrow Bro, maybe they will give ya some good drugs....LOL:D

I gave up a few years ago and rely on Troy and Tony to keep me straight...well...as best they can.:roll::papabear: