• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That floor bed still amazes me, Zout can we get more pictures this weekend focused on the bed of the floor if you are in the garage :)

PB I was talking dodo with Zout and said that if you put some white oak on the sides of the bed it dress up the back like a Sunday Church gathering. Not solid like the floor but more like slats spaced 3 or so inches apart. Just a thought to contemplate.

zout

Finished up on the flooring - here are some final pics

Worked on Debs jeep to try to make an event within a few miles here Tomorrow
Photo1999.jpgPhoto2000.jpgPhoto2001.jpgPhoto2002.jpgPhoto2003.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I can say is a big Amen!!! Love the bed maybe it is just me but I am sorry that floor makes the truck!! I love natural wood.

Dave most most awesome.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm gonna have to be super extra careful not to back into any trees and stuff so that amazing floor does not get damaged!!
I also promise never to haul anything heavier or more abrasive that feathers in the bed.:beer:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm gonna have to be super extra careful not to back into any trees and stuff so that amazing floor does not get damaged!!
I also promise never to haul anything heavier or more abrasive that feathers in the bed.:beer:
And bottles and bottles of Crown with those nice soft covers on them. :naner:

zout

There was a filler plate that had been cut out previous to ownership at this time that was found - I managed to abscounder a fabrication piece to fill this in between the cab and box so no one could fall or place their feet or hands into the driveshaft. - this will get painted in the finale.

One rear brake torn down and it was more than recreational -= FULL OF RED GA WASPS - emptied two cans of brake clean all over the garage as I was beating feet where ever they weren't. Wish I had this on home funniest video.

couple other esthetic plates installed that belong on it that had been cut out - would not know they belonged there unless ya just nit picked every detail I guess. Just kind of fills it in from my viewpoiint.

Drivers side brake backing plate done and assembled - waiting for the studs and lug nuts to come for all 4 sides (yeah PB ya do do not know about this as it is TOP SECRET) (for my eyes only).

Work on getting the drivers side brakes torn down unless PB has another surprise awaiting me inside the drum on this side as well - get all the lines installed as well.

Oh I guess I better show ya all some pics
Photo2004.jpgPhoto2005.jpgPhoto2006.jpgPhoto2007.jpgPhoto2008.jpgPhoto2009.jpgPhoto2010.jpgPhoto2011.jpgPhoto2012.jpgPhoto2013.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That goes to show you what you know!! Those are not wasps nests but a special brake silencers that was developed by a super secret RND lab at the beginning of WWII. I hope you saved the parts because it raises the vehicle value by at least 70% if they are with the truck. Quite a find Commander. 8)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Acutally I think those are Wisconsin wasps. They have just now thawn out from the below artic temperatures we encountered in the initial recovery!! The wasps/nests up there are used to insulate the brake components as TWM said.:roll:

I'm having this almost uncontrolable urge to sit here and prentend I'm driving the WC down the road and yell varoom varoom!!

goldneagle

You can always put a rubber mat in there if you want to haul anything in there.

zout

Geez PB - now that the seats are in there I do that all the time - fire it up - have a beer - turn up ROCK 97.1 and pretend its rolling down the boulevard. TOO BAD YA AIN:T HERE

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial

I'm having this almost uncontrolable urge to sit here and prentend I'm driving the WC down the road and yell varoom varoom!!
If you sit on the crapper with the plunger on your right you can go vrooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm and shift gears too! :naner:

zout

I know your all being helpful in the build - but I am not tearing out the seats and installing a toilet stool - tearing out the shifter and installing a plunger nor the data plates that PB just got and sticking disposable toilet paper up there with the shifter pattern written in the squirrels crayons. I think I will stick to the 5 gallon bucket now as this pretending is going very well.