• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

zout

As I said - Crown folks took a BIG item and gave these to PB in exchange for a sun shield - it was in the small print of the contract.

Framework in - wipers to install yet after I change out their rubbers.
Rear brakes are 14 inches and not 9 inch - I could have had the wheels all done today till I found this cleaning stuff up. Stuff will be re-ordered and swapped out along with cores being returned.
Hood welt installed.
Underside of the chassis painted.
Filler plate between the cab done.

PTO yoke slip to go onto the driveline yoke is smaller that what was in the boxes - winch side to yoke is good - will have to figure this one out as well - otherwise I could have had this done.

Crown bags work good to put clean parts in to hang off the spindles will all the parts come and do them all at one.

Couple walk around pics just to show the status of the build - within striking range now.
Photo2016.jpgPhoto2017.jpgPhoto2018.jpgPhoto2019.jpgPhoto2020.jpgPhoto2021.jpgPhoto2022.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
As usual the progress is just amazing Bro!!:beer: I'm getting the urge to terrorize the neighborhood trees driving that rascal around!!:tank:

I'm gonna have to see about getting you a couple more bottles of crown so ya have the soft lil bag to put parts in. The parts fairy is usually too lazy to untie a bag!:naner:
:papabear:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
[B]Quote: PTO yoke slip to go onto the driveline yoke is smaller that what was in the boxes - winch side to yoke is good - will have to figure this one out as well - otherwise I could have had this done.Quote[/B]

Commander, the next time ya talk with John, ask him about the yoke. He supplied all those parts as "correct" for that truck. I'm sure he can figure it out and make good on it.:beer:

zout

Roger that IFS - I will throw the mic on it and get the diameter from the pto shaft and yoke to make sure of what it will take.

Little things getting thrown in the way to put some sort of delay in the finale but wer're not tolerating it - GUNG HO.

Zout2 has your Document book with pics looking mighty fine there fella. She is working get little heart out on it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Roger that IFS - I will throw the mic on it and get the diameter from the pto shaft and yoke to make sure of what it will take.
Little things getting thrown in the way to put some sort of delay in the finale but wer're not tolerating it - GUNG HO.
Zout2 has your Document book with pics looking mighty fine there fella. She is working get little heart out on it.
I don't know what to say cause none of the words I know can express what I feel!!:papabear:

Attachments

zout

Rims blasted up - rings along with them - little work to do to one rim before etch primering them.
Measured the yoke that would not fit on the pto drive - that was 1 1/4. PTO drive output is 1 inch.

Bunch-o-parts ordered up this morning - with the Holiday in here I expect them Monday to show - so it looks like I better cut my 2 ft tall grass in the yard as non of my neighbors have gotten disgusted enough to do it for me.
Photo2032.jpgPhoto2033.jpgPhoto2034.jpgPhoto2035.jpgPhoto2036.jpgPhoto2037.jpg Oh yeah - that book looking thing has all these pics in it for PB as a gift from Deb - that soda pop is mine.

M715VFD405

Do you even need to ask Tinwoodsman? Z man works best under the influence of a bottle of crown or I think I read somewhere about some cherries. But man does he burn it off quick working that hard. Zout she looks amazing I can't wait till mine looks that good, and she will :)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
"The Book":drool: Ever since I've been slobering over MVs we've "fixed up" (but NEVER to this extent) I've been wanting to make a scrapbook of progress from acquisition to completion...but that has never happened until now:naner:

All I can say is that between you Zout, and Zout2(Deb) you are making a young man (under 40) (me) a very happy camper!:beer:

Next time I come up I'll bring plenty of "additive" for your soda Brother![thumbzup]

zout

I always had a hankering for Cherry Coke - shinny up to the ole soda fountain as a kid and sit on the stools - sure miss them days. Ole man Creagan (Creagan Drug Store) could make some mighty fine soda drinks.

After the soda - go see the new months Superman comic book for .10 cents and head home on the bike about 3 miles - good ole days. Captain America - Green Hornet I remember were some of the other ones.

I have one rim that is being a nasty bugger to get the split ring off - it comes off tonight after I have etched up the rims and welded in a couple little rust spots on one of the rims & smooth it off.

Get some of the small things done while I wait for the last of the parts shipments from John up at Midwest Military.

I have a side utility box I made for Gene up in Custer as well - I have to get this thing packaged up and sent off to him.

o1951

Oh yeah - that book looking thing has all these pics in it for PB as a gift from Deb - that soda pop is mine. Ok - the soda pop is yours - whose is the "Wasp and Hornet spray"?:tank:

zout

Did get the lawn cut after welding up a 1987 Murray Tractor - got the rims in etch prime and tried beating that other lock ring off and into submission - it was a NO GO situation. Tire is on that rim along with the lock ring for life.
Guess its against the law to light up tires on fire HUH.
Photo2038.jpgPhoto2039.jpgPhoto2040.jpg

o1951

How about cutting thru the tire and as much bead as you can in several places with a sawzall? Once it is opened up a bit, careful work with a sharp cold chisel on the remaining bead- as close as you dare to the rim.

zout

2 inches of tire is cut out - lock ring is cut through with only about an inch half all by itself - hammered the living chit out of the little piece and it will not budge. Did I mention the tire was full of water - last pic is of it all running out. Lock ring is cut through in 4 pieces all the way around - it will not hammer out or budge. Tire will now be hung from the rafters in the garage as stating - I whooped Zouts Arse.

ryan77

Burn it! Burn it! Burn it! Personally any time i have a excuse to light stuff on fire i go for it!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
How about cutting thru the tire and as much bead as you can in several places with a sawzall? Once it is opened up a bit, careful work with a sharp cold chisel on the remaining bead- as close as you dare to the rim.
How about throwing that friggin wheel/tire in the dumpster at work (they will never know who done it:doh:!!)
We'll get ya a better rim up there without a tire Bro.

I'm starting to get as nervous as a 'ho in church!! That truck is coming along so nice...and quickly!!:papabear:

zout

Gurantee before that rim gets hung in the rafters that stinkin lock ring WILL be removed one way or the other.

PB - wait till ya see your new studs and nuts coming for the drums so they are not all odd ball ones like the ones that were on there.
Lefties and Righties. Wishfull thinkin gets me nowhere - thinkin the last of the parts might make it here before the weekend - then you'll see some finishing stuff - most likely they will be here first of next week.

Work on getting some tires mounted up.