• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

o1951

Zout - on civi MC's, part #12 is brass - I have always cleaned and re-used it. Possibly, is the one that was on old MC in re-useable condition?

zout

There was not master cylinder - nor lines - nor any t's on the chassis. SO when I was given the heads up by the owner the entire brake system was ordered.

caliber1

Zout, looks almost like the reducer bushing on the deuce MC. Actually, it's NPT to flare I think?? Wouldn't have one of those around by chance? Just a thought.

zout

Caliber1 - spent over an hour at NAPA looking through all their trays - went back up to AutoZone they would not let me look and they had no interest in selling or wasting time over a couple dollar part. I have no other units here to steal it from and I threw my top drawer of my tool box on the garage floor looking through all them saved parts over the years - nothing. Break down the tire and replace the tube I screwed up by mishandling it - I will just buy another tube tue when I get back into work so I'll have one for the spare when it shows up - then I will just adjust the brakes and get it on the ground tomorrow.

zout

That is why the owner will flat bed it back instead of driving it. ALL the ones needed can be robbed from the other one in the shed.

zout

GE not really - they are just off a 1942 WC 22 weapons carrier - I am sure the very next auto parts place I go to has a whole box of them just waiting for me to buy them. I sure am not putting the owner of the WC through having to pay OUTRAGEOUS price for ones from a vendor I know of - they can sleep with them - coddle them fondle them under their pillow at night Photo2118.jpgPhoto2119.jpgPhoto2120.jpgPhoto2121.jpgPhoto2122.jpgPhoto2123.jpgPhoto2124.jpgPhoto2125.jpgand I hope they choke on them at those prices. I would personally ride with two lugnuts and have fun safety before those knuckleads got a dime out of me.

Drove down to Summit Racing in Mcdonough this morning before Tigger got here to pick up his other desk he purchased from the Morgans at the cookout - he was headed back home with the accident from his daughter.

Summits had the master cylinder NPT to 5/16th flare that was needed - shoes then adjusted all up with the very awesome help of my brother Tigger - then we proceeded to bleed them which took roughly about 1/2 hour - I think this should keep PB hitting any more tree's just as he turned his noggin around to see what's behind him next time.

I removed the shifter backside PTO seal out that was leaking - I saw absolutely no issues with not sticking the new one in - meaning hardly any scuffing on the shaft nor groove - and I used the PROPER seal removing tool to get it out (I have a witness) - as soon as the transmission was refilled with new fluid it started pissing out lube worse than the old one did - put the bucket under it and left it alone.

Got the tire I fubared up tube replaced and mounted (yes with only two lugnuts).

WC22 was lowered and sat on its tires - I'm going to have to kick what's up with that PTO seal - I see no reason for it to leak - it went in perfectly (yes a seal driver tool was used).

BTW - I cut the edges of that map board - I could no longer take square corners on it - it looked hidious.

o1951

I already seen your sweat and tears on WC. Now - is that your BLOOD I see on PTO box?:oops: You really putting everything you got into this one. Fine job.[thumbzup]

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
GE not really - they are just off a 1942 WC 22 weapons carrier - I am sure the very next auto parts place I go to has a whole box of them just waiting for me to buy them. I sure am not putting the owner of the WC through having to pay OUTRAGEOUS price for ones from a vendor I know of - they can sleep with them - coddle them fondle them under their pillow at night View attachment 433175View attachment 433176View attachment 433177View attachment 433178View attachment 433179View attachment 433180View attachment 433181View attachment 433182and I hope they choke on them at those prices. I would personally ride with two lugnuts and have fun safety before those knuckleads got a dime out of me.

Drove down to Summit Racing in Mcdonough this morning before Tigger got here to pick up his other desk he purchased from the Morgans at the cookout - he was headed back home with the accident from his daughter.

Summits had the master cylinder NPT to 5/16th flare that was needed - shoes then adjusted all up with the very awesome help of my brother Tigger - then we proceeded to bleed them which took roughly about 1/2 hour - I think this should keep PB hitting any more tree's just as he turned his noggin around to see what's behind him next time.

I removed the shifter backside PTO seal out that was leaking - I saw absolutely no issues with not sticking the new one in - meaning hardly any scuffing on the shaft nor groove - and I used the PROPER seal removing tool to get it out (I have a witness) - as soon as the transmission was refilled with new fluid it started pissing out lube worse than the old one did - put the bucket under it and left it alone.

Got the tire I fubared up tube replaced and mounted (yes with only two lugnuts).

WC22 was lowered and sat on its tires - I'm going to have to kick what's up with that PTO seal - I see no reason for it to leak - it went in perfectly (yes a seal driver tool was used).

BTW - I cut the edges of that map board - I could no longer take square corners on it - it looked hidious.
That seal looked perfect have no idea why it is leaking so bad. I as a witness watched him remove the old and install the new and it leaked as soon as it had fluid! It was a privilege to spend a few hours with you working in the truck! It looks outstanding!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That truck is looking sooooooo good!!! Maybe Mona will come thru and send the seat cushions and I can get that rascal outta your way.:beer:

I know you are chomping at the bit to get started on your new project...M923 camper.:naner:

zout

Absolutely Ferro - I mentioned a few posts back you came up with the M909 camper cristining name - I like it.

WC is not in my way - but I know when I work on it and what I work on I want it right - otherwise till then it goes nowhere - I know the timeframe of what I have to work on it and I think I have a few days remaining to GET IT RIGHT and I am taking every one of them.
Will get with my transmission guy tomorrow - he is the one who had the correct spacer plates a while back - First - speedy sleeve it and I will get a couple of them because sometimes they are a PIA to drive on.

We're close but as we all know that only counts in horseshoes.
The M909 build is somewhere in the back of my pea brain - but I have not let it distract from my current work. Lots of things to work out before then.

The cat will be let out of bag when its up here - but to be perfectly correct - its an M909 Camper GUN TRUCK.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M909gt. Or M909GT. Hmmmmm. This could be the perfect go anywhere and stay vehicle.:mrgreen:

zout

Cleaned the pig sty garage - had me a bonfire (practice for the Ga Rally 2013).

Painted the chrome bolts in the bed - tore apart the pto winch shaft and changed out the yoke end that was the wrong size - had to soak the replacement yoke overnight in Evaporust because it was so nasty.
Tore down the PTO seal again - will pick up a couple seals tomorrow - the spring was on the seal when I removed so I know that did not come off and the shaft looks good - will run emory paper over it tomorrow night and proceed to reinstall the seal - hopefully I do not loose another gallon of that nice trans lube.

Floor board screwed down - screw heads painted as well. The welting on the hood - painted them screw heads as well.
Photo2126.jpgPhoto2127.jpgPhoto2128.jpg

Last edited:

TiggersGF

That seal looked perfect have no idea why it is leaking so bad. I as a witness watched him remove the old and install the new and it leaked as soon as it had fluid! It was a privilege to spend a few hours with you working in the truck! It looks outstanding!
And I asked you to do one little thing that you did not do, All I asked is some photos of the inside of the truck!:evil: