• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleptomaniac

I'm ok with paying but am with the others who would like the option to remove the title of paid member. I have only used the classifieds a couple times but would like the option. And if it helps make the site better I'm all in!

KsM715

I also don't agree that any @ssclown can plop down $15 and become a trusted member. This needs to be changed or regulated somehow.

Trust is something that is earned, not bought. I know what your saying but I see it this way, I'm on here enought to know who I can trust without question. You see them on all the time and you know their names and reputation at a glance.

If I see something in the classifieds that I want but do not recognize the name, I would be a little more cautious with sending money to him (or her) rather than someone like WM or Gimpy.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've taken the bold/color from the paid member and made it a little smaller. I can tweak it a little more. Or I can replace it with an icon. Or I can remove it completely. I have no problem changing it to any that the masses want.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is why you have a CLASSIFIEDS MOD, who's ONLY JOB is the classifieds, someone with CRAP POST HOE posts (ditto, cool, ect) just to get a count finds there count never seem to go anywhere, get banned, can't post adds, ect., The FOR SALE ADDS are FOR active members, sorta a PERK for SS members, not the other way around, IF someone is here JUST TO SELL, SS does NOT need them, (unless a PAYING vendor), thay can go and sell there stuff somewhere else.

AS far as "WHY CAN'T I POST A F/S ADD" , thay are on site reading the post, so thay CAN NOT say thay COULD NOT read the rules, I would give ANYONE a day or 2 off for a why can't I post, and tell them "WHILE OFF PLEASE READ THE RULES YOU AGREED TO", no matter how much FIX is done for the site, you CAN NOT FIX DUMB
As I've stated in other posts, I'm taking on the classifieds as my own baby. I've already taken care of a few issues. I know you've talked to Eric as well about your account. I will take care of that right now.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there going to be a search feature on the top classified page like the old classifieds? That made it real easy to find things.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've taken the bold/color from the paid member and made it a little smaller. I can tweak it a little more. Or I can replace it with an icon. Or I can remove it completely. I have no problem changing it to any that the masses want.
Thank you! That was a quick fix; THAT'S a Premium Admin !!! :D:D:D:D
:not worthy:

G.

goldneagle

For those of you that wine about contributing so much and not getting proper credit for it... Remember Freightrain ? He had a lot of useful posts but ended up BANNED for pissing off the ADMINS.

I think it should be the quiet ones who contribute and don't ask for special recognition that actually deserve the recognition.
Those who constantly state "Look at all the contributions I made" should get the post count as their reward.
I enjoy interacting with others on this site. Some of my posts are informative and others are just opinions that I feel keep the threads interesting. A little bit of humor is always good to spice up a thread. My reward is the friendships I have made with members through the years and Rallys attended.
The rank under your user ID is your recognition for long service and participation. fat lady sings

A

A/C Cages

So if I want to put my 2 cents in here do I still have to pay the $15.00 or will I have to pay $14.98 since its 2 cents deducted from the $15?
Im so confused,,, oh wait, that means I have to pay $15.02 ???

I feel like im a blonde here, running in circles.. lol

goldneagle

So if I want to put my 2 cents in here do I still have to pay the $15.00 or will I have to pay $14.98 since its 2 cents deducted from the $15?
Im so confused,,, oh wait, that means I have to pay $15.02 ???

I feel like im a blonde here, running in circles.. lol
According to you avatar you are blonde!

Rustygears

Instead of 'premium' or 'paid' tags, how about a star next to the name? Maybe something like silver for $15 and gold for vendors? That fits the mil theme and is discrete. It also provides the opportunity for additional tiers.

As I posted elsewhere, I have no intention to sell anything, but contributed $$ in past to SS. For that I received no special capabilities. Now for $15, I can still support this site and I can make my own rank! I too have learned things through the forums that have saved me thousands of dollars and maybe saved my life from an A3 front blowout. For that, I 'm greatful.

I really don't understand all the emotion because if the Classifieds were as active as the multiple whine threads would indicate, eBay would be out of business! Please keep the perspective. This is still a free site. Free to get valuable information and documents and free to ask a community of experts and experienced collectors/restorers for help and advice. Frankly, I think the classifieds were in past useless and I would never buy through them because I had no protection or recourse. I use the SS advertisers, eBay and sources recommended in the posts that I could independently vet and verify.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally an improvement I'd like to see is this thread, and any others (especially new ones) b*tching about $15 for FREAKING classified rights for a FREAKING YEAR be locked and any member continuing to bring it up be given a time out for a week or so to see how they like not having access to the site. I don't care if Chris make $10 million off this site. It's HIS SITE not yours so get over it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The numbers you people are posting are way off. Give it a rest. If you have real info, post it, if not, why guess.

Nobody has to pay.

It's amazing how people feel, as soon as money is mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.