• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preparing to possible sell my M105 trailer.

SSGTUSMC

So not sure if I'm going to sell my trailer or not but wanted to Know why the going price would be as is... Or if I repainted it and replaced the wood and installed lights. Right now the only thing missing is the lights & cable to plug into the trucks. I do not have a tarp for it.
Let me know what advise you have. And what recommendations are. I am located in eastern NC.
If I do sell it I will post it for sale in the classified section. Just looking for ideas. 20170618_153731.jpg20170617_125317.jpg20170617_125338.jpg20170617_125329.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to be in decent shape.
Normal rust spots and dings.
Around here, that would bring maybe $800-$900 tops from what I’ve seen.
It will be different in NC and so on.
Location is everything, along with condition.

Trailer cable is about $100+
Tarp is $300 or so.
Wood? Can get pricey depending on what’s used. Yours looks fine, just needs paint.
Paint? Same.
Lights are an easy fix and easily found.
You could easily spend more than the trailers worth if you did a restoration.

That’s a big, heavy trailer and isn’t nearly as user friendly or useful as the M101 series.
Tall, wide, heavy and air brakes etc.
Perfect for the Deuce or 5 ton, not really for the CUCVs or civilian pickups.

While they were almost giving them away at auction, there isn’t a huge aftermarket demand for them, that I’ve seen anyway.
Ebay shows some guys asking >$2000+ for them, but asking and selling are completely different.

Some guys have swapped axles and installed electric brakes. Still a big trailer.

Do you want to spend the time and money for a possible higher selling price, or sell as is without the hassle?
I personally would at least install new tail lights and trailer cable.
Makes it easier for a buyer to take home.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought an A2 model recently for $425, which has the new style landing leg jack.

Biggest bang for the buck would be paint in my opinion. Use some red rust primer in those corners and make the whole thing green 383 (brush or roller). You don't know what it will hook to, so buying lights and wiring may be what you want, but not what a customer needs.

Here is another way to bring it down in height....16.5" bolster wheels and tires.

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought an A2 model recently for $425, which has the new style landing leg jack.

Biggest bang for the buck would be paint in my opinion. Use some red rust primer in those corners and make the whole thing green 383 (brush or roller). You don't know what it will hook to, so buying lights and wiring may be what you want, but not what a customer needs.

Here is another way to bring it down in height....16.5" bolster wheels and tires.
I agree that big wheel with no jack will bring down the price , There have been several similar on CL around here for $500 that have been on there for over 6 months and still for sale.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Location is going to kill it.

Ft Bragg and Camp Lejeune flooded the market with 2013 and 2014 unissued rebuilds. They were selling at $350 or so in as new condition with cargo cover.

20161116_101748.jpg

ArmyRover

Sorry to hijack but where are you guys finding the Bolster wheels?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I robbed the spare from my M1061 and a member had two more rims and one good tire. They are not too common, but are still available, I think.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are almost useless unless you own a deuce . Worth not much than scrap without a top cover.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some trailer plugs that have the pigtails that should plug into the wires on your trailer, unless someone cut them. Usually people cut them between the plug and the connections. But, anyway, PM me if you need one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks