• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Presenting WANDA! (M109 Camper Build)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love what you've done with it, the pics of you guys all working on it are awesome and clintogf and I agree that the pic of you and dog overlooking the scenery is mega awesome.

C

Clay James

looks good. I used the same insulation in my 109 and it's great stuff. Did you go with real oak floors? I'm gonna do the same except the imitation stuff since it's cheaper and I wouldn't be as worried about damaging it.

After seeing all these 109 threads I'm thinking posting one on mine is a must.

Danger Ranger

Sweet! For the Mark II version, will there be running water and a bathroom? YOu mentioned water but I wasn't sure on how far you are planning on going with that...

Good luck and thanks for posting.

Did you go with real oak floors?
Actual Red Oak, stained, urethane-d, and installed. That said, its the 1/2" thick sheets in a "floating floor" configuration so I can swap out if one gets too damaged.

Sweet! For the Mark II version, will there be running water and a bathroom?
Running water - yes.
Composting toilet - perhaps.
RV Toilet with traditional blackwater tank - no.

On the road update:

Brakes quit working - based on everything else that had happened I figured it would be something like a Master Cylinder rebuild. Nope. Just a bleed, fluid add, and all systems were go. A hand from a Waxahatchie, TX local named Glen (BlueDeuce on here) and everything was solid. Thanks again BlueDeuce and good luck on your trip to Colorado in a couple months.

I left for Missouri a couple days ago. On the way my alternator quit and my truck sprung a couple of leaks from my fuel pump, but nothing a little wrenching and a locally sourced alternator won't fix. Thank God for rural fire departments being really friendly and fully stocked with Deuces and 5 tons. Now I can see if they're willing to part with a spare alternator, or maybe head up to the yard in Rolla.

In another week here (around Mountain Grove, MO) I will get back on the road to head for Southern Maryland. Wish me luck. Mile 2,943 / 4,021. MD is the end of phase one of our travels.

wsucougarx

Wow, thats some serious driving my friend. You going to be "deuced out" by the time the rally comes around? Lol, I think I would be. Hey, happy and safe travels!

Update from the road:

I've got the whopping case of deuce butt already.

As well as a couple cracked injection lines and perhaps a fried voltage regulator. Oh you beautiful Missouri backwoods. I love Mark Twain national forest.

The alternator wasn't working, I disconnected the batteries while the truck was running, and now, with a working, rebuilt alternator, I get no power to the batteries.

Good times on the road. Some multimeter time, some parts, and a lotta luck, hopefully I'll make it to MD by April 1.

daddy2

I loved your keep it simple philosophy. I have seen some of the other builds and I am intimidated by the wood work that they have done. Mine is going along with the same princible. functonality. Hope things get better with the mechanics. If you get close to Eastern Pa and need a hand give a call.