• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pressure washing the under carriage

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking for recommendations for foaming soap to be used with a pressure washer on the undercarriage. I have a 3300 psi washer and it has a soap input and foaming nozzle. I've washed with just plain water and not too satisfied with the results. I know to be careful around grease fittings and greased bushings. Any other advice?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm looking for recommendations for foaming soap to be used with a pressure washer on the undercarriage. I have a 3300 psi washer and it has a soap input and foaming nozzle. I've washed with just plain water and not too satisfied with the results. I know to be careful around grease fittings and greased bushings. Any other advice?
Red Roost Degreaser spray does a heck of a job for me... You might try a spray bottle first. Spray it where you intend to clean, hit it with the high pressure washer and especially if you have a gas burner for hot water...

I had never had the "hot water option" until I borrowed a machine from a friend.

RedRoost.jpg

CMPPhil

Hook it to your hot water tank if it's not a steam cleaner.
He is right, pressure washer work much better with hot water 110 - 120F works great. Check the specifications on your pressure washer some have limits on how hot they can take. As to cleaner I use gunk on real heavy grease, and then Purple Power to remove the oil film. Remember to treat or paint all exposed steel once you are done it will rust quickly. Also if you hit any joints you will want grease them to push the water out.

Cheers Phil

CAUTION- Beware of using Purple Power on old OD paint it may remove it, particularly with hot water and a pressure washer.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Purple Power is especially good for removing oily films because it contains ethylene glycol monobutyl ether. Glycol ethers as a group are good for degreasing because they combine characteristics of alcohols and organics, i.e. solubility in water plus ability to solubilize oils...

I use it quite a bit but try to avoid much contact with it. You can read the SDS or other info on the internet; see also 2-butoxyethanol (same stuff, another name) or CAS number 111-76-2.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks everyone! My pressure washer is not for hot water so I will try foaming it first and then high press spray after a bit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks