• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pretty much finished - Shakedown ride 2007

readyman

Well, after a year and a half in the garage we finally took the truck out for a shakedown ride around the neighborhood. Rolled it out to fire her up and...

Batteries were completely dead and wouldn't hold a charge, even after trickle charging all that time. End of Life I guess. So we jumped it, started up in two seconds.

Man... new vinyl top and a fresh coat of CARC. Looked real nice for the first time in the light of day.

Newly installed Air-O-Matic really makes all the difference in the world.

Some pic's. In backwards order.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! That truck looks great! I like the air intake with the 90 degree bend. The cargo cover actually looks better with the shorter bows - the lines just seem better to me...

readyman

maddawg308, I'd been watching too many of those custom chopper shows on tv and got creative welding up the intake, but it was to be able to brace it to the exhaust pipe bracket.

Jimmy, Robo-Sawzall :) Just kidding.
Looking into either a marine type deck hatch or the Hummer turret hatch. Soundproofed the cab interior(which was of no use anyway) so I'm still thinking about it.

CanonNinja

damn these threads!

I retract my statements I make about starting over with my truck.... everything I see these threads, I get a tingly feeling... crap, I need to hurry up and find my gun ring so I can start repainting this truck and fixing my oopsies...

Someone hug me :)

Oh, truck looks absolutely SICK! I love it!

No.2Diesel

I like your license plate surround. I hope you don't get a ticket. Is that a Sigtronic headset your wearing or just blue earmuffs? Intake is cool as well as the black wheels.

readyman

No2Diesel, Powercomm wireless headsets, but they pick up sounds around us too. Ebay $50-$75 as they're obsolete now. Chris heard a cotterpin drop from the gun ring with his headset on and the truck running!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great work! It looks beautiful and that gun ring says, "Stay the heck outa my way!" I really need one on my truck too. Congrats!! [thumbzup]

PWM

WOW! I have seen new trucks that didn’t look that good. I really like the intake, and the cut down cargo top makes it look like a race car.

Pete

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That looks outstanding!!! :beer:

You've raised the bar............

ida34

I have seen the truck close up and the attention to detail is great. Glad to see you got it out and about. Nice work. I have not forgotten the M2 cart stops. I just have not found them again yet.

Chuck

readyman

Chuck,
Thanks, no rush on those, whenever you find em.

Oh yeah I forgot. We spent the next morning chasing down gremlins in the gauges, very, very, low readings in all the gauges. Only to realize(duh) the stone dead batteries were causing the low readings.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful truck and I love the lowered lid. Wished I could find powercoms for that price. Litecoms go cheap but the cheapest powercoms I've found were a few hundred each.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you take it down to the frame and start over? I looks great, come do mine!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks