• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pretty sure my vacuum pupm has gone TU

Hal O'Peridol

M1009 has been shifting a little late since it got colder, trans fluid level has been fine. No real problems until yesterday.

Drove to work fine, then drove to meet a guy to buy some WWII army surplus stuff, drove fine there. When leaving the truck would not shift up. Eventually it would shift into 2nd and then drive but took awhile. Got home late last night, looked on the forum here, and most replies were to check the vacuum lines, which I did today. All looked good/ tight and flexible, just how I like my women. Started up the 09, pulled the vacuum line from the pump over to the IP. Felt no vacuum at all.

Seems to be the problem, but is there something else to check before dropping 140 bucks on a rebuilt pump?

Thanks.

Jbrowning22

Toss a vacuum gauge on the pump and look at it. If the needle is flying all over the place, it's the pump. Granted there are actual directions for figuring this out in the TM...... But, reading is for suckas ;-)

Hal O'Peridol

Toss a vacuum gauge on the pump and look at it. If the needle is flying all over the place, it's the pump. Granted there are actual directions for figuring this out in the TM...... But, reading is for suckas ;-)
I read the figgin manual, I ASKRD if there was anything else to check. Believe me the manual is not the be all and end all that most of you make it out to be. I drove these things in the Army for years, and I also know how to wrench them. I asked for advice not attitiude.

So apparently this forum is for suckas too.

I've seen this attitude given to newbies too. Yes it's nice to read the manual, but the attitudes on this site suck.

I am out of here, I will pm whoever to delete my account, and I will not be directing anyone to this site anymore. Yes, I'm po'd but this crap has gone on long enough.

ralbelt

Gee don't get yer panties all knotted up, I did not read his post as attitude, he just made a comment, stick around we all have things to learn. Reading is good.

Jbrowning22

Wow! Switch to decaf dude.

The manual IS the be all end all for your problem. I have had your EXACT problem and it took me all of 45 seconds to diagnose with a gauge and the manual. Your question was simple, so "put a vac gauge on it or follow the steps in the manual" is a simple answer. Leave the persecution complex at the door, it wasn't personal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks