• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Previews at GL

45 bravo

Wanting to know a few things about GL. For starters can you bring batteries or any items at all to attempt to start a item your interested in while previewing? Can you simply just see if it will start?
My other question is if you were interested in a non-military vehicle GL was selling such as a cabover Kenworth Tractor I saw once do you do a EUC on that as well? Does it differ any at all from say a m35?
Im in the research stage of my adventures in buying a vehicle from GL. So any help is wonderful.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It all depends on location. Some places will let you do just about anything and others won't even let you preview at all. I'd call ahead to where I was going and ask what they will let you do.

Most stuff that's not tactical in nature doesn't require a EUC but I've seen some strange stuff that required a EUC ( I think I remember some canoes selling that required a EUC). When you look at the auction listing it will state if it requires a EUC or not.

My advise when starting to bid on GL is to first buy a inexpensive item for your first purchase. That will show you how the process works and if you screw up you're not out alot of money. That's what I did when I got started. I bought a LDT-465 engine for $75 (this was before the $150 minimum). I wanted a truck but didn't even have one yet but I bought a engine. I bought it because it was cheap, I knew I'd eventually end up with a truck, and I didn't feel comfortable throwing down $1,000+ on my first purchase until I figured out how everything worked.

Flyingvan911

I saw some music instruments that required an EUC. I guess after American Pie came out, the goverment became very cautious about how their surplus flutes would be used.

If you see some trucks that interest you, call the location first to see what they allow you to do on their lot. If you don't like the answer, don't bid.