• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price check on 16.00x20

MrM4

I am pushing numbers around on my Bobbed build and was wondering what the going rate is for a set of 16.00x20 that are %85 or better. What can I expect to pay for a set of 4 and how might a person figure out a ball park price on freight for something like that?

dozer1

Check out CFI tire in Council Bluffs, Ia...1-800-734-0165. I hope that isn't breaking the rules, no offense if moderated. They are a big Ag tire outlet that carries many surplus 1400's and 1600's. They will give you a freight quote as well.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whoa, 54" diameter!!!

I think you should consider the need for a spare..... and a mounting location for it as well.

Rick

Dave08

I purchased mine from GL. I got three seperate lots each lot having 3 tires. They (GL) do this so you either have to many or not enough. Bottom line is that mine were new and had just timed out on the shelf. They had never been mounted on any rims. The shipping was from PA to FL and cost me about $575. The tires themselves were bid on and each lot came in at a different price. However, brand new Michelin $1600 plus tire (government cost) with shipping averaged about $410 per tire for the nine that I got.
for my shipping needs, I usually use quotes from Uship and the likes. However, they do not just give quotes you must really have something that you are going to ship so that you do not waste everyone's time. They are not in the business of giving quotes and they are independent carriers for the most part.
Dave08

Dave08

Spare?

Whoa, 54" diameter!!!

I think you should consider the need for a spare..... and a mounting location for it as well.

Rick
I think that you can run them flat on a deuce and you would never know it. I would like to meet the individual that can man handle one and change it on the vehicle. "Spare...Spare.... We don't need no stinkin' spare"
Dave08

militarysteel

rodney will hook you up for 150-175 a piece i think, they were 75 a piece but , the supply is drying up, military is destroying them now.
pm for info

3dAngus

My break down shows $1800.00 for tires $350.00 for shipping ( It was originally quoted at $297.00 I'm commercial and jumped to $350.00 when the order was placed) and $100.00 handling ?? I'm by no means complaining about your quality of product or the great service I received. Just that handling fee stuck in my head.I have a paper copy laying aound here some were You also did give me a discount on the tires which I was greatful for but it was still the same price when the Handling fee was added ??
Sometimes the shipping company will add on a fee if "they" determine you are residential rather than commercial location. I know I've gotten extra add on fees over and above the quoted rate after the fact. I belive you were one of them where the shipper called your address out as being residential and added on the extra fee, even though you and another came out to the end of the road with a forklift, made it extremely easy on them, and the driver said, "I wish they were all as easy as this one."

If you have a house on property, it is residential from most shippers perspective, unless you personally do a lot of business with the same shipper and you set it up. Under those circumstances, when they get to know you, they want repeat business and will work with you. It's the one time deals that kill ya. Not sure if this helps or hurts, but it is my experience I just wanted to pass along so all would be aware of the hazards of shipping to a residence, even if there is a business there. I usually just eat the extra cost.

edit: By the way, back when I shipped to R Racing he offered to make up the difference in shipping cost when the extra bill came in. Very stand up fella there, no doubt about it.

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have 4 in class for 800.00 i have a spare but it has some skid marks on it hard. one of the mich xzls also has a slight skid mark on it too.

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
16.00's will require a lift & will still likely rubb in a turn. 14.00 will work well no matter where you place the spacers. or you can use A3 rims

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks