• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price check

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all i have a few questions i might get me one how much does a duce cost? some people say you can get theim for 2,000 but i see theim for 10,000 now whats the going rate.. just for the M35 not the newer a2 or a3's

or what can you trade for one?

like does a M274A2 mule have as much value as one i dont know

does it take alot of money to keep one running?aua

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Your chances of getting a $2k deuce are running thin. Supply is down and the hobby is gaining popularity. If a mule is what I wanted, I'd jump at a trade, but it also depnds on condition. I don't mind getting a "lesser" value if its something I really want, but not everyone feels that way.

gunboy1656

Me personally I would not trade a mule for a deuce, but I would bet a lot of people would take that trade.

As for the money it takes to keep it running. It would mostly depend on how much you run it. Biggest expense right now is fuel.

mogger62

M35 (a2?) on E**Y sold for $4500.00 yesterday, sold from Ga.. Owner said was rebuilt from Gov't program with New Cat Power Plant. This M35 had supersingles and CTIS (told that CTIS worked but leaky).

Watched other Deuces' sell for $1800.00 to $2000.00 range on E**Y, but they're pretty beat up. Comes down to if you want to Buy and Drive or Buy and Build. Both have there Pros and Cons.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You will pay a lot more out west..it is the nature of the beast...there were less of them sold out there.

Buying them out here and driving/shiping them out there is not cost effective with the high price of fuel.

Check Craigslist out there or local buy/sell trade publications.

Deuces are not the cheapest vehicles to operate but the parts are cheaper than Mercedes.

The fact that they will run on a lot of different fuels makes them attractive but you have to have the time, knowledge and willingness to get dirty making your own fuel.

You also have to live in a "deuce friendly environmemt".....tree huggers hate big, smoke belching trucks that scare their Prius's.

If I remember correctly you also have to have a CDL to operate one out there.

You might want to consider an M37 or M715.....not much slower than a deuce but still big and green.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will pay a lot more out west..it is the nature of the beast...there were less of them sold out there.

Buying them out here and driving/shiping them out there is not cost effective with the high price of fuel.

Check Craigslist out there or local buy/sell trade publications.

Deuces are not the cheapest vehicles to operate but the parts are cheaper than Mercedes.

The fact that they will run on a lot of different fuels makes them attractive but you have to have the time, knowledge and willingness to get dirty making your own fuel.

You also have to live in a "deuce friendly environmemt".....tree huggers hate big, smoke belching trucks that scare their Prius's.

If I remember correctly you also have to have a CDL to operate one out there.
You might want to consider an M37 or M715.....not much slower than a deuce but still big and green.

I have a CDL class A so i can move anything on the road is the Duce under 26,000 gross max? if so you can drive it with a class C IN CA and NV as far as i know. and for the smoke who cares about CA i'm looking into this because i might need to move alot of people for something my friends are going to do soon

Last edited:

gunboy1656

Since you have the CDL the information will be void for you, but from what I read the 3 axles puts you in a different category.

You have seen the prices of mules and just looking around you can see deuce prices are all over the place. One of the reason the mule prices are up there is the limited quantity.

Surplus rigs are usually cheaper, a private seller will tend to jack up the price. Sometimes it's worth it though to have more of an understanding of exactly what you are buying before you commit to anything. And to avoid the hassle of waiting and dealing with GL.

Jimma

Wreckerman,
I thought I was the only dummy that got dirty filtering wmo, wvo, transmission fluid and various other products? Just how does a technical engineering genious like yourself get dirty filtering your oil?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks