• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price of a 1008, how much is too much

4bogginchevys

I went to spokane yesterday (30 miles) to see if this guy running a small parts shop/junkyard had some hub housings for a D60. Weaving my way thru the cars to get to the front door I notice a 1008. He says he just got back from seattle area the week prior with 2 of them and they were for sale. After looking over them I decided they had to be just released to the public, if not on a GL yard they were sitting in a field somewhere. Anyhow he said pick one....3500, and he pointed out that 1 needed an IP but that the price could not be discounted for that problem. I was just curious if some of you also thought that was a little steep for trucks requiring so much work to be reliable? btw, he wanted 100 each for dually style front hub housings, and 250 each for single wheel housings....thats what they cost NEW, needless to say I left without purchasing anything.:shock:

He is not a used car saleman either, just a little junkyard on the edge of town.

4bogginchevys

oh ya, I didn't lead on much that I know a thing or two about the 1008's, I knew he was full of it when he told me that in addition to the detroit in the rear it had a FACTORY/MILITARY locker in the front.:shock:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's a 1028 then is has a factory trac lock in the front. I paid $3500 for my M1008. The truck is nearly perfect, has no rust and gets driven daily.

fitz

In the last few months I picked up 2 M1028's from the GSA auctions.
The first 1 has 47K on it and I paid $1500 (truck with the low cap).
The second one has 15K on it and I paid $1800 (truck with high cap).
Both of these trucks run and drive great. I'm sure they will both need a few things that any old truck would need, but for the money I'm real happy with them. These trucks are real solid for New England trucks.
Unless that truck is in mint cond I would not pay $3500 for it.

Attachments

GoldComet6

:ditto:

"Could not be discounted"...huh? To me, what he means is he "won't" discount it.

Sounds like he paid too much for a truck with a bad IP and now wants all of his money back. I'd say don't buy for that price, buy another truck or wait him out. When he decides to be realistic about the price, then make a fair offer and go from there.

Richmond

If it's a 1028 then is has a factory trac lock in the front.

I have bought 3 of the 1028's for the axles and have some friends that have gotten them also.No lockers in the front of any of them. these trucks were from GL and were defiantly 1028's. I think the only ones that for sure have them are the 1031's.

gwag

Richmond I bought a 1031 from GSA last summer that had a open front diff & a 208 theres no guarantee on that either. I have had several 1028 that had the trac lok but the clutches were toast on all of them. I'm swapping out the trac lok for a detroit on the 1028 in my avatar for that reason.

dstang97

In the last few months I picked up 2 M1028's from the GSA auctions.
The first 1 has 47K on it and I paid $1500 (truck with the low cap).
The second one has 15K on it and I paid $1800 (truck with high cap).
Both of these trucks run and drive great. I'm sure they will both need a few things that any old truck would need, but for the money I'm real happy with them. These trucks are real solid for New England trucks.
Unless that truck is in mint cond I would not pay $3500 for it.
where did you get those? NJ?

steved454

paid $1700 for my 1028 with 11000 miles on it. Drives great, tires where bad and fixing to get on the fuel problem with it next week. No rust on it, also has the 205 transfer case. bought it at the local auction. most car lots are selling m1008,m1028's for $2500 and M1009's for $2800.

datsunaholic

I got my 1028 off GSA for $930, just had to change batteries and drove it 250 miles home as-was. Mind you it's white and red and missing the blackout lights, but I figured that was a fair price. Anything over $2000 better run and run nice, have a clear title and plates.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks