• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price of a full frag 6 armor kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of money…a set of Frag 5 doors is $12-18k
When talking armor, there are a lot of pieces, the TM is very confusing to most.
Than there is Composite Armor, this can’t be used with armor plate…

avman

I am wanting to do a two door hmmwv In frag 5. Don’t know why, but just want to do it. Who is a source who could help on a 1152?

Gamble

Not really sure why I would want to turn a nimble warrior into a clutzy heavy slug that can be defeated with a coke bottle some gas and a rag. But that’s just me.
I have a difficult time believing a cocktail will disable the truck but everyone is free to their opinions. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. It's not for everyone just some.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I have a difficult time believing a cocktail will disable the truck but everyone is free to their opinions. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. It's not for everyone just some.
Not the site police... But I think you're gambling to get tossed too. Wait a bit and GP will have them available 75K. As for a cocktail, a double screw driver and I am disabled. Build it out of plywood.. cheaper.

At parade speeds no body will notice, CAMO

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter

In the rain these trucks leak like a sieve. Gasoline was a fluid the last time I checked.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Plan B Trucks sells units meant for bullet resistance and such. Probably cheaper to buy from them that build yourself.

Gamble

In the rain these trucks leak like a sieve. Gasoline was a fluid the last time I checked.
There are measures that can be taken to mitigate / eliminate the truck leaking like a sieve particularly if you intend on fortifying it in the first place and are no longer concerned with hatches opening, etc. It's all dependent upon your application.

Gamble

Not the site police... But I think you're gambling to get tossed too. Wait a bit and GP will have them available 75K. As for a cocktail, a double screw driver and I am disabled. Build it out of plywood.. cheaper.

At parade speeds no body will notice, CAMO
They would have to find a loophole or something in their existing govt contract. I think it's a possibility but only in small numbers and off the book type of back room deals. It would be a large risk for them but people have done more trying to make a buck, so anything is possible.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
They would have to find a loophole or something in their existing govt contract. I think it's a possibility but only in small numbers and off the book type of back room deals. It would be a large risk for them but people have done more trying to make a buck, so anything is possible.
Armor hasn't been sold to the public directly/intentionally since the 50's. Some has come out through back channels and other means here and there. And armor plates certainly get mixed into scrap streams. But often the demil code will ensure that it's out in small unusable pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks